lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2020, 03:48 PM   #1
mdav
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Reversing contactor

Ok, so I didn’t even know this was an option until yesterday to change the mechanical FNR to the contactor.
I have an ezgo series cart with an altraxx sr 48600
Trying to get a feel for the wiring I get the main cables but I have the blue coming from the Key switch to the old fnr
And a blue coming from the controller to the fnr ( I’m guessing 1/2 speed reverse?)
Ground from solenoid to fnr
And of course power to fnr

My questions are mainly for the blue wires how do they hook up to the new contactor?
mdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2020, 10:59 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Reversing contactor

Did you get this from scottyb? His diagram is really good.
I’m not sure if I’m totally following you, but the activation circuit will start at pack+, go through the ksi, then to the pedal micro switch.
Hope that helps some.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:08 PM   #3
dreed55
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdav View Post
Ok, so I didn’t even know this was an option until yesterday to change the mechanical FNR to the contactor.
I have an ezgo series cart with an altraxx sr 48600
Trying to get a feel for the wiring I get the main cables but I have the blue coming from the Key switch to the old fnr
And a blue coming from the controller to the fnr ( I’m guessing 1/2 speed reverse?)
Ground from solenoid to fnr
And of course power to fnr

My questions are mainly for the blue wires how do they hook up to the new contactor?
One is probably the reverse buzzer which you don't need and the other is probably half speed for reverse. I completed this install as well and Scotty B's diagram is a great help.
dreed55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:00 PM   #4
mdav
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply’s.
I unfortunately did not know about this part until I went to my local shop to get the HD FNR. They told me about the upgrade with the contactor. I purchased it from them with the install instructions and the “kit”. Got everything hooked up as far as I can tell correct but only had forward and no reverse. The solenoid and controller would kick on as it should power going to reversing contactor but no power to the motor in reverse. Only way to get reverse is to swap the motor cables around.
Before purchasing another part I’ll research it a little better
mdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:32 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That is likely just a wiring mismatch, the motor generally knows no difference between F and R.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO