lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2021, 05:40 PM   #1
treytnguyen@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 EZGO TXT motor turns but cart won't move

First off, I want to thank everyone here, sites like this are community services that really benefits us all. I recently inherited a 2008 EZGO TXT 36V cart. It's a fixer upper and I'm just trying to figure out is it worth it. It did not come with a charger, I had to rebuild the batteries, I know I'll need new batteries sooner rather than later, but didn't want to buy 6 batteries just to find out it needs too much work than I'm capable of. I get 36vand when I press the gas I can hear the motor turning but nothing happens. I've done a little homework before posting. I've jacked the cart up and removed the dust caps. When I press the gas, the driver side castle nut spins, but the wheel does nothing. On the passenger side nothing happens. When i spin the wheel manually, the castle nut rotates with the wheel. I know i need to replace the drum on the driver side and should go ahead and do both wile I'm at it. But should the passenger side be turning? I this normal, or am I looking at a bigger problem, like a broken axel? Thanks in advance!
treytnguyen@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2021, 06:35 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 EZGO TXT motor turns but cart won't move

The differential will spin whichever turns the easiest. The one NOT trying to spin the weight of the wheel, or move the cart when on the ground will get 100% of the power.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 01:07 AM   #3
treytnguyen@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Thank you sir, you guys are awesome!
treytnguyen@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 02:47 PM   #4
mebucko
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

On my 99 TXT, the drivers side rear drum splines were stripped, a common issue with these EZGO electric carts. Jack it up, and turn the drivers side rear wheel.

Remove the cotter pin and castle nut (that castle nut is torqued down, so you should loosen all while wheel is still touching the ground first). An impact gun will make this removal of axle castle nut a breeze. Now slide off the drum and inspect the splines. If they are stripped, you need a new drum. You can buy one for lass than 50 bucks on EBay.
mebucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 08:35 AM   #5
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

When you replace the drums, get the heavy duty 2 piece ones, you'll be glad you did. I have replaced 2 of the stock drums in 5 years and I don't think I drive it hard. More money now less aggrivation later.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO