lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2021, 05:16 PM   #1
DGKeowee
Not Yet Wild

Default AC Motor Hours

Looking at a 2017 RXV with 167 hours on the AC motor according to the diagnostic tool. I don't know whether that's good or bad. How many hours does a typical AC motor last and is this good, reasonable or high hours for this age cart?>
DGKeowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2021, 05:42 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: AC Motor Hours

The RXV has a brushless Induction Motor, that hours shouldn't be any problem. My 2009 Motor runs absolutely fine... I can check the total hours with the Handheld tomorrow.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 06:08 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A 18 hole round of golf is roughly 6 miles and if the carts average speed 12 MPH, it would have about 2 hours of pedal time per round. If only one round was played per day, every day of the year, you'd get 730 hours of run time on the cart every year and you've got less than 25% of the annualized hours for a single year in about four years.

In a nutshell, the motor in your RXV will most likely outlive you, unless something catastrophic happens like driving cart into a lake, or getting struck by lightening.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:06 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That's a fantastically low number for a used cart. This cart was used very little at all. I think that hourmeter you were looking at actually represents "total 'key-on' time", not time in motion. And as Johnnie said, unless the motor temp sensor fails (basically not replaceable due to it being woven into the motor windings), and you keep corrosion away from the motor, itll last nearly forever. The bearing could go bad, but it's pretty easy for anyone "moderately handy" to replace, and costs like $25 for the part (tools required are 10mm wrench, 8mm allen wrench, and snap-ring pliers, plus a rope, or old dog leash to use as a lifting strap for removing the motor). Worst part is lifting the motor, its heavy.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:13 AM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Total runtime 1677hrs, total distance 9500mls, and sounds like a bee
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:36 AM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Been at the same Yamaha Dealership for over 10 years now...in that time I have only replaced 2 AC motors ever and both were due to water damage from the same nursery that went underwater during hurricane Irma... As mentioned that AC motor will prob outlive all of us...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 07:26 AM   #7
DGKeowee
Not Yet Wild

This is great to know guys. So I wound up not getting the RXV with 167 hours. Guy sold it before I could get back. BUT I went to a dealership that I had dealt with over the years and he had just gotten some in. Motor was right at 600 hours. I didn't think twice about it based on you guy's responses. So THANK YOU! I was able to pick my body color, seat color and design, etc... Get's delivered in two weeks.
DGKeowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 07:31 AM   #8
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

That's great congrats on the new cart!
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO