lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2021, 08:06 PM   #11
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV 48v-12v Reducer/ No output.

Do you have 48 volts going to reducer?
If yes, do you have 12 volts from converter?
If yes do you have 12 volts at fuseblock.

When measuring pack 48 voltage use battery terminals.
When measuring 12 volt convertor voltage connect to convertor output wires.
Make sure your negative lead of volt meter is either on battery post off -wire of convertor, not battery post or frame.
Hth😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2021, 11:05 PM   #12
DazinOz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
Do you have 48 volts going to reducer?
If yes, do you have 12 volts from converter?
If yes do you have 12 volts at fuseblock.

When measuring pack 48 voltage use battery terminals.
When measuring 12 volt convertor voltage connect to convertor output wires.
Make sure your negative lead of volt meter is either on battery post off -wire of convertor, not battery post or frame.
Hth😊
Thanks, yes have 48v going to reducer, measured on the pins of pigtail loom.
No, do not have 12v from reducer measuring off Red output to accessories and placing negative lead of volt meter to a negative on one of batteries.
On this reducer there is no negative output, only a positive and a sleep wire for radio clock etc being blue.

I haven’t tried measuring the 12v output by placing the negative of volt meter to the main negative of battery pack,, is that was you are suggesting? I simply placed negative of volt meter to closest battery - and positive to obviously the Red output of reducer.
Thanks
DazinOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:01 AM   #13
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazinOz View Post
Thanks, yes have 48v going to reducer, measured on the pins of pigtail loom.
No, do not have 12v from reducer measuring off Red output to accessories and placing negative lead of volt meter to a negative on one of batteries.
On this reducer there is no negative output, only a positive and a sleep wire for radio clock etc being blue.

I haven’t tried measuring the 12v output by placing the negative of volt meter to the main negative of battery pack,, is that was you are suggesting? I simply placed negative of volt meter to closest battery - and positive to obviously the Red output of reducer.
Thanks
When measuring the 12v output connect the negative volt meter cable to the black cable of the reducer (also connected to main negative of the pack).

Converter 1.jpgConverter 2.jpg

The black cable is the negative for both the input and output. If you get 12v between the red and black cables you then need to make sure that the accessory negatives are connected to the black cable.
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 04:02 AM   #14
DazinOz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohns18 View Post
When measuring the 12v output connect the negative volt meter cable to the black cable of the reducer (also connected to main negative of the pack).

Attachment 216316Attachment 216317

The black cable is the negative for both the input and output. If you get 12v between the red and black cables you then need to make sure that the accessory negatives are connected to the black cable.
Well thank you sooo much, and the other posters who steered me in this direction.
Yes, a bit amateurishly by myself to disregard the 12v side needed to be aligned with the negative black. I was as posted connecting negative 12v to nearest battery or chassis.
Once I put the volt meter on red 12v and negative to the MAIN negative. Bingo!

Thanks heaps guys and gals. Great informative site.
Old 02-06-2021, 04:09 AM   #15
DazinOz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohns18 View Post

Attachment 216316Attachment 216317

Thanks again dj, just to confirm your last sentence, of negatives to black wire.
What I have done is red 12v side of reducer to fuse block, negative from fuse block to MAIN negative of battery pack.
Positives and negatives of accessories to fuse block.

All seems to work fine thus far, accessories stay on for approximately 3-5 seconds after key is in off position.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:01 AM   #16
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, very good - but a fuse block is always positive, never heard about a fuse block with negative connection
All negative lines should bundled/connected separately!
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 06:27 AM   #17
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like you have it wired up correctly.

I am not familiar with that specific reducer, but would not be concerned about the accessories staying on momentarily when you key off. Likely there are capacitors that take a few second to drain when reducer is turned off.

Glad we got you up and running.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:52 AM   #18
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
OK, very good - but a fuse block is always positive, never heard about a fuse block with negative connection
All negative lines should bundled/connected separately!
I have a fuse block that also has a negative BUSS bar on the bottom separate from the positive connections.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 07:22 AM   #19
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
I have a fuse block that also has a negative BUSS bar on the bottom separate from the positive connections.
Something like this:
61Rsuf3PO4L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Old 02-06-2021, 07:34 AM   #20
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, you're right, i've found a Blue Sea marine fuse block w/ground bus, not cheap and that's special, i don't think dazinOz is useing that?
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO