lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #21
ryaned82
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car engine install/clone engine help

I got some updated information on the cart I am picking up this week. I think its encouraging, but let me know your thoughts on this. See pic that was sent to me of the motor that was in this cart prior to it being sold to me without this engine in it. The guy thought he was told it was 2001, but maybe this is game changer. From the guy I'm buying it from...

"Yamaha motor was set up facing forward and the club car has the drive on the right side this is how it was bolted in so your motor may work"

This motor is a 500cc two stroke motor that I believe he said came out of a snowmobile. I have the option to buy this motor for $200 or so on top of the cart I got for $500, but if its got the correct rotation I would rather get a four stroke in there. Feedback please!
ryaned82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2010, 11:33 AM   #22
ryaned82
Not Yet Wild

Okay here it is...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motorpicl.jpg (42.5 KB, 49 views)
Old 02-18-2010, 11:52 AM   #23
decipher
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Ill tell ya im using a club car rearend in my yamaha. Its the older version that has 2 gearboxes. I have it in my yami on the right (pass) side and have my kohler 25hp vtwin and it ran good. im still not 100 % percent sure if im running reversed as i have no cable yet (i just flip the lever on the trans). But it ran good and only issue i had was my driven clutch. I have now modified a comet 500 with 780 springs and machined the sheave to accept my 1 3/16 belt. If that was already in the cart and you can talk him down a little (show up with cash) it would save some time in fabricating a mount. From my memory that cart supposedly needed front suspension work as it was questionable from the original seller tho. FYI
decipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:05 PM   #24
ryaned82
Not Yet Wild

Its possible on the potential front suspension work since the kid who had it sounded like he ran wild around his neighborhood with it probably slamming over curbs and what not. I got a couple great welders on tap to tackle any of that work I might need. Its though because if that motor is in good shape, it would be an easy re-install but I really don't want a loud *** two stroke.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:16 AM   #25
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the cart is in decent shape, I would say it is worth the $500. But if you wanna BB it, the rotation is gonna be an issue. I would swap out rearends IF you can find one. Thats what I would like to do to my 99 CC, if I dont find a rearend I may just use it for regular use or fe350 one day or??? I got a 90 CC to do the BB swap, or BB clone swap
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:07 PM   #26
ryaned82
Not Yet Wild

Oh crap, cart is being delivered tonight and all the interesting unknowns are going to start surfacing since I'm a dipshit who bought it sight unseen.

I'm sure it is a 2001 and its going to make this project more difficult but is there anyone out there that can look at those pics and tell whether they think its post 97' when CC went to the clockwise rotation? Just kick me in the nuts now and get it over with please! Decipher I'm praying you got that frontend issue wrong as well man, but again what idiot buys a cart sight unseen...apparently this idiot
Old 02-19-2010, 03:15 PM   #27
decipher
Gone Wild
Yamaha

well there are lots of people here to help. I have learned alot of info since i got here. Ill help with anything i can im still trying to finish again my build after taking it apart to finish welding and machine of my drive clutch.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #28
decipher
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have a feeling im using my CC rearend in reverse but it works for me i have noticed nothing bad. If needed just do it and get a new rear some other day it will still run.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #29
ryaned82
Not Yet Wild

That's my thought now...I could care less for now, so long as I get it moving before the wife dubs me and the project a complete failure! It would be a heck of a lot easier and CHEAPER to just buy the higher gears you can install to combat the lack of speed issue if the rotation is backwards.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #30
decipher
Gone Wild
Yamaha

ya but with a big enough engine you should still easily get to 25-30. Becides to me it not all about speed something that high with off road tires will feel a little weird over 25 on the street.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car