lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48v batteries in 36v Club Car DS

No red flags there. It will benefit you greatly if you start reading all you can find at Trojanbattery.com & here on this site as well .....

proper break in is very very important....

NEW BATTERIES?
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...attery+Breakin
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2010, 10:53 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkelley View Post
I just checked the water levels in all the bat's, levels are all above the plates about a 1/4 in, a couple of the cell are all the way the the bottom of the plastic. each battery is reading between 6.35 and 6.40 on the meter. Does this sound correct?

Thanks
Sounds pretty good to me... Just be sure to do what Scottyb suggested. Battery maintenance is very important to the life of the battery pack. The water level isn't crucial as long as it's over the plates. If the plates are covered, you're good to go. Just be sure not to overfill them and always fill them AFTER a charge and not before as the water level will rise during the charge cycle. If they're overfilled, it'll boil out and make a big mess.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #13
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Yes very common. You should smell a cart barn after I finish a fleet changeout of all the batteries in about 65 cars..
God I hope I never have to smell that smell again.......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:10 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
God I hope I never have to smell that smell again.......
Yeah... it's kinda like a cross between waffle house and Amoco...lol
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:28 PM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes now make sure you break those batteries in right.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:27 PM   #16
rkelley
Not Yet Wild

Charged it all night....I was up every hour till 4am checking the charger (like having a newborn again) it finally cut off around 6am with a full charge. 38.6v. Just checked all the bat cells with hydometer and all are in the green. lubed up the front end and added a qt of 30w oil to the rear that was difficlut to do (cart had sit unused for 5 yrs) . I took it for a spin (30 min) up and down some hills. Ole'girl takes off fine, but pretty slow pulling up the hills. Checked v again and still at 38.4. I am following the break in procedures, I have the kids driving till the pack gets down to 37.5 or so....then recharge. I hope the preformance increases. Also the steringwheel is not straight with the frontend....how do I correct this? I'll keep looking the threads for solution.

Thanks for everyones help, this is a great forum!!!!
rkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #17
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

38.6 is still a weak charge. That should come up as you finish breaking in the batteries though.

To straighten the steering wheel you have to remove the plastic cover, then take off the 3/4" nut, then remove the steering wheel (hardest part of this). After the wheel is removed, reseat it temporarily and take the cart for a drive in a straight line. Stop the cart, remove the wheel again and recenter it as you want it. Replace the nut and the cover and you are good to go.....
Old 07-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #18
rkelley
Not Yet Wild

Rabbitreborn, now I,m confused? the state of charge for specific gravity in the sticky states that a 36v pack @ 100% is 38.2......and you are saying 38.6 is weak? Also, each battery was reading 6.3-6.4....Am I reading the chart incorrectly? What is the correct voltage for my cart? (1992, 36v, ds cc)

Thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 08:47 PM   #19
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

most 36 volt cars will finish their charge closer to 42 volts. Once those batteries are fully broken in you will see results close to that as well.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #20
rkelley
Not Yet Wild

I have given my DS cart 10-12 full charges, I made sure that the battery pack voltage was around 70-50%, i.e. 37.2-37.5V (according to the gravity chart) then let charge till charger cuts off. I check the pack voltage and the most I have see so far is 39V. Each battery is consistantly @ 6.3V. Power is great, it will pull two large guys up a steep incline from a dead stop, but still slow up long inclines????? What next?

thanks
rk

Tags
wired, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car