lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
kimrpaige
Not Yet Wild

Default 36V cart won't move, help!!

Hello,
I am new to this site, I have a 36v Club car, I think it is a 99, Anyway it has the resistors and not the controller. The cart will click with the key on and accelerator is pressed down, then it tries to move but will not go. One of the resistors looks as if it shorted and melted the insulation off the wire and burned the micarta board. If I replace all the resistors will this cure the problem or should I look elsewhere. I am a mechanic but have not dealed with golf carts before. Thanks, Kim
kimrpaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 36V cart won't move, help!!

1st welcome, start with the basics 1st check batteries and cables check voltage on each battery and load test each one see where your at......post your voltage #,s than move on to the other stuff, the resistor coils if thats what your talking about dissapate heat while driving slow so they do get very hot even cherry red. but get the basic battery stuff out of the way 1st........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

They can look a little burnt and still work... Look into the speed control V-glide for your problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
kimrpaige
Not Yet Wild

Anyway to check the V-Glide? Or do I just replace it? The batteries are fully charged, Lights, horn, everything else works. I will check the batteries indivisully this afternoon for voltage, I do not have a load tester. This is a friend's of mine cart and looks simple compared to my 01 DS Regen. I don't know how they work but with a little directions and a wiring diagram I can figure it out. I already found a diagram on line. So if all the resisters do is dissapate heat, then I agree with the V-Glide. Thanks guys, Kim
kimrpaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrpaige View Post
Anyway to check the V-Glide? Or do I just replace it? The batteries are fully charged, Lights, horn, everything else works. I will check the batteries indivisully this afternoon for voltage, I do not have a load tester. This is a friend's of mine cart and looks simple compared to my 01 DS Regen. I don't know how they work but with a little directions and a wiring diagram I can figure it out. I already found a diagram on line. So if all the resisters do is dissapate heat, then I agree with the V-Glide. Thanks guys, Kim
Verify the solenoid is working not just clicking. Install a spare battery cable across the 2 big terminals on the solenoid, if the cart runs the trouble is the solenoid or the solenoid activation circuit. If it does not run the problem is the batteries or the Vglide. Open the Vglide and inspect the contacts for uneven wear &/or poor contact, arcing, etc. If the V-glide is clean then take a second look at the earlier mentioned burnt cable.... That should get you started.
V-glides are all $300 & up list price now. All the parts are available to restore it to working order if needed, please see the sponsor page ...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car