lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Changing 96 club car coil

keep in mind theres no fool proof way of testing the coil, ignitor or rpm limitor.......even C.C. tells you to just replace parts until problem solved.......thing is they go bad several different ways if your lucky it just goes bad but they can work until they get hot than quit or they won,t work until they get hot so benchtesting is a guessing game at best and when C.C. tells you that well it means something........my advice is while i have no problems with after market parts when it comes to these items i will only use C.C. replacments.........as i say i can,t tell youhow many times i have seen a new after market part thats bad right out of the box and once you buy it its yours 99% of the time the place won,t take an elec. part back.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2010, 11:54 PM   #12
mjrowley
Gone Wild

I really think that my 96 era coil has gone bad. I have a brand new initor, can i hook it up to the spade terminal and cart via a y adapter? i really think my initor on the 96 coil is bad.

Thx!
mjrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:50 AM   #13
beastman
Not Yet Wild

Well after looking the coil over, I did figure out that they gave me the wrong coil. They gave me one without the ignitor in it. They are taking the other one back and hope to have the new part soon. That certainly would account for no spark!! Thanks for all of you help, I will let you know how this works out.
beastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:04 AM   #14
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
keep in mind theres no fool proof way of testing the coil, ignitor or rpm limitor.......even C.C. tells you to just replace parts until problem solved.......thing is they go bad several different ways if your lucky it just goes bad but they can work until they get hot than quit or they won,t work until they get hot so benchtesting is a guessing game at best and when C.C. tells you that well it means something........my advice is while i have no problems with after market parts when it comes to these items i will only use C.C. replacments.........as i say i can,t tell youhow many times i have seen a new after market part thats bad right out of the box and once you buy it its yours 99% of the time the place won,t take an elec. part back.......................

Yep ^^^^^^^^^^^^^,and as previously posted, I tested my coil/igniter and it was within CC specifications yet the cart exhibited all the symptoms of a classic coil failure. I was reluctant to drop the coin on a new coil but went ahead anyway and now all is well.................. until the next time lol

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car