lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2010, 09:45 AM   #1
HarleyOne
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Headlight wiring on 48v Club Car

I was wanting to know the best way to wire head & tail light on a 48v cc. Do I have to buy a 16 to 12 volt converter or a 48 to 12 volt one? I have tested it on a single 8v battery but its alittle dim. Is there any way OTHER then buying a converter to wire them up.
Thanks Rick
HarleyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #2
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Re: Headlight wiring on 48v Club Car

If headlights are all you are doing, you could get the reducer that makes 12v off of 2 of your batteries. And if you aren't going to use the lights very often or will use them for a short time each time, that is an option. If you are going to add an other 12v accessories or use the lights a lot, you may be better off with a converter that makes 12v off the entire 48v pack. This will keep you from wearing down 2 of your batteries more than the rest and ultimately shortening the life of all of them.

That's my opinion based on what I've gathered from this site. I have 4 12v batteries so getting 12v to the lights isn't as big of an issue. But I'm always pulling those 12v off of the same battery. And I also want to add a radio which would put more load on that one battery. And, in the summer, we'll probably do a lot of riding around at night with the lights on and radio playing, so I'm going to put in a 48v to 12v converter and run everything off the whole pack.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Which ever reducer or way you go be sure and have a way to cut power and add a fuse to protect unit when cart is not in use. Just got call on another unit that caught fire and damaged a cart?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #4
Farmbuggy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hello fellow members I have the same converter that o3ReDClub shown in another thread,
runnin 75wtt hellas my own tail light brake light and reverse light off of it
only on when my keys on and switches on the light of course.
Unit has been performing flawlessly.
Farmbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:53 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i see a ton of carts runing off 16 volts, no reducer and other than extra bright loghts you wouldn,t know the difference, now i have seen one cart the same cart that kept blowing the right headlight and melting the plastic headlight cover, but i,d say theres a 90% chance if its just lights you want you can try off 16 volts......just so everones knows i don,t recomend this as a common practice i suggest doing it right getting a reducer but you can get away without one most of the time.................lights only andthing else a reducer is manatory................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car