lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
Robert Yow
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1995 Medalist no fire

OK, the last time I ran the cart it started spitting and sputtering. So I brought it back home. The next morning it would not start. I checked the fire at the spark plug wires and when you first turn the switch on it will fire a few times then quit. When it fired the spark looked strong. But it will not fire again untill you turn the switch off and let it set a while then switch it on again. I unplugged the 2 wires going into the engine from the harness (1 black & 1 red with white stripe) checked the ohms there and got 21. I guess that is some type of crank sensor??? Any body got any advice.
Robert Yow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1995 Medalist no fire

if your cart has that duel coil i know they had some problems with it but if your not getting good steady spark thats a place to look............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:51 AM   #3
Robert Yow
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: 1995 Medalist no fire

I have checked the coil and it seems to be good. I have taken all the grounds loose and cleaned them. There is power to everthing and it still acts the same. By reading the other treads I checked the pulsar coil and I think it is good so I'm going to bite the bullet and order a igniter. Idon't know what eles to do....Thanks for the reply shadoman
Robert Yow is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO