lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default '90 CC with myriad "issues"

I am trying to diagnose, long distance from Florida, a CC, serial number G900519XXXX used at a camp in South Carolina. When "diagnosed", I intend to take a sufficiency of tools and parts, drive to SC (for this and other errands), effect those CC mods that can reasonably be performed in the woods by me in a tractor shed, on a dirt floor, no power, no running water, and no outhouse (just go where the bears go). The CC's owner there is "mechanically challenged" with no tractor, small engine, or auto mechanic knowledge or experience, two left hands, and no opposable thumbs (you know what I mean).

Here are some of the CC's current "issues":

1. At times the engine does not stop running when the gas pedal is released but continues to idle or go forward or backward depending whether the gear lever is in forward or reverse. This does not seem to occur as often after the golf cart has been run for a while.

2. The cart does not seem to have the power to go up small hills with even light loads like it once did.

Other issues include failing brakes, loose belts, and slow to crank (probably will go away with tightening and changing the belt).

Any assistance on the diagnosis of items 1. and 2. would be most helpful.
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: '90 CC with myriad "issues"

1. could be a stuck solenoid or intermittent micro switch.

2. could be low compression.
restricted air intake
worn / slipping clutch or belts

Or other problems
Bring a spark plug, both belts & fresh oil and air filter for that poor thing.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Bring a spark plug, both belts & fresh oil and air filter for that poor thing.....
You got that right scottyb. It gets NO maintenance and is frequently run hard and put away wet. At least the local welder is a good man when it breaks. So I will do what I can, within reason, to keep it going for a man that has provided me with countless opportunities. Sweat equity, travel, and some out of pocket cost is my repayment.

Micro switches are a guaranteed first replacements as they are easy and economical. Getting through the encrusted layering of SC orange clay is going to be problematic, but I will manage.

Filters, belts and oil - CHECK. My thinking exactly that the clutch needs to be overhauled. I've never done one. Guess there is always the first time. Maybe need to ship it somewhere but time is of the essence and there will be no time for shipping in either one or two directions. So I am going to go with parts in hand and will try some prior coordinating with a shop that will accept me when I get there.

Research is the prime motivator at this time. Knowledge is power - right? At least some guesses and choices may be weighed in advance.

scottyb...Dude, do you ever sleep (28 thousand posts and counting)?
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Regarding the "running on after pedal is released" issue, You might want to check that the cable in the black box isn't binding or out of adjustment due to that SC clay you mentioned.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car