lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
mikeevans860
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default lifted my cart today and not I am getting a weird noise and grinding sound

I dont know what happened but now that I lifted the cart when I start going fast there is a loud noise coming from the passenger wheel. Could my rear end be going out? Could it have anything to do with the lift?
mikeevans860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
littlebob
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: lifted my cart today and not I am getting a weird noise and grinding sound

Check the parking brake cable to that wheel. When you lifted it, it might have taken all the freeplay out if it was still attached to the chassis in the same place.
littlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:35 PM   #3
thewskrs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: lifted my cart today and not I am getting a weird noise and grinding sound

Check your tire clearances all around. Some lifts cause rubbing unless you put on off set rims.
thewskrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
mikeevans860
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This problem only starts happening at high speeds
Old 12-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #5
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

I'm with littlebob, brake cable stretched out? on some you have to pull the cable out of the bracket that is right below the battery on the frame. I straiten out the bracket put the cable under it and plastic tie it through the hole.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

it's a longshot, but check your engine mounts - mine were shot but I didn't really notice until I lifted the cart and at higher RPM's the engine was actually making contact with the driven clutch cover (it was moving around THAT much, but at normal angles it wasn't rubbing, with the lift though it was just enough weight distribution to make it do it at speed)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #7
mikeevans860
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thats probably it I noticed that my engine mounts are shot.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

BrewCity, you may have girly little fingers but, good lord Dale, you know your way around these 2PGs. Kudos to you man.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
mikeevans860
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

it sounds like some kind of grinding from the rear passenger side. I am going to replace the bearings and see if that helps.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO