lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2011, 12:24 AM   #11
littlebob
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Really Need Help

Looked at the catalog and all were for different years/models. You might have a Frankinstien cart with a different axle. I say
littlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #12
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Not on the 2 stroke EZGO's, Littlebob - the end of the axle is a spline and the drum slides on over the brake assembly and is held in place by a large retaining nut, the 4 wheel studs are fed through the back of the brake drum.

The design of these brakes is very similar to a standard rear drum on a car (although the actuator/adjuster isn't hydraulic, it's mechanical) - there's an actuator/adjuster at the top, the shoes, pivot pins for the shoes, and the backing plate which it all attaches to, that's about it. The arm for the actuator/adjuster sticks out through the rear of the backing plate, and that's where the cable attaches.

Hey Dave - I'm having a real bonehead moment trying to remember how to convert a page from a .pdf into a .jpg so I can upload a pic - you're gonna have to step up on this one (besides, the closest I have would be p147 of the 89-91 manual, although the brakes may have different part numbers they look identical layout-wise to every early gas EZGO I've ever seen)

If I have to go out in the snow with my camera and pull a wheel, SOMEONE's gonna owe me a beer, grrrrrr .....
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #13
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Dale you can't do that anymore On older systems you could print to file instead of a printer and name the file whatever.jpg and you were done. I am sure that Microsoft got into bed with Adobe as now the only way I found to do it was to buy Adobe software.

The only two ways I found were

1. Hit the print screen button and then copy into paint or similar, but that gives you a very low resolution

2. Print the page to a printer and run it through a scanner, that gives you great resolution but only if you have a scanner

Now if some real smart guy could turn up and prove me wrong that would be great as I too would like to do this.

Don't go out in the snow, there are plenty of pictures of the 1980's brake drums on the web and they all have wheel studs. Either Holeysocks has made an error or someone has fittted a complete ******* axle. I keenly await the photographs

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #14
holeysocks
Getting Wild

It is worse that I 1st though ..How do I upload pictures
holeysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #15
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by holeysocks View Post
It is worse that I 1st though ..How do I upload pictures
Click the Go Advanced button at the bottom of the message box. Now on the top row of the icons look for the paper clip symbol. Click that and then select the images you want off your computer. Click upload.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #16
holeysocks
Getting Wild

This is what I have,,I had to weld the washers and studs in place to get the lug nuts off ...springs have been removed and replaced with air shocks..I knew about this,,and was told there was a small brake issue,,,yup!!! there are not any!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aa.jpg (75.6 KB, 29 views)
holeysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #17
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

*Gulp*

Okay, THAT sent me right to the fridge for a beer - WTF? HS, you're right - you're looking at an entire redo on the brakes, OR you might be better off trying to find an entire axle assembly that has them (I've actually seen them online now and then, I want to say around $100-150ish, You should be able to find one pretty cheap) ...

You might want to look up and call around to local (or somewhat local) EZGO dealers or repair places, a lot of them have old carts laying around that may have what you need at the right price.

Keep us posted, that's a drag, Amigo
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #18
tdcanada
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

HS if you can find the rear brakes for that cart, they are probably on another cart or in a junk pile now....with just small issues! Sorry couldnt help myself
tdcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #19
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Looks like some has removed the drums etc and replaced them with front hubs. Perhaps this was with a view to installing disc brakes. Those kits are going to run at ~$400.Hang tight I just know that someone here has a rotting cart and will have the parts you need.
Good Luck
Dave
Old 01-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #20
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Wonder if the Ausco kit would work on your cart?? Might be cheaper, better and easier in the long run.......

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/annou...rake-sale.html

Note: Probably not on sale anymore, but you get the idea......
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1984 2 stroke ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO