lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
bfdaddy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Early 80's ezgo cart 2cycle help

O.K. the cart is a 2 cycle and I found a few posts where I can convert it to a mix gas/oil and do away with the oil tank and still be fine. I would like to do it, so any help please! Thanks ahead of time.
bfdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2011, 11:22 PM   #2
xcr26
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Early 80's ezgo cart 2cycle help

Romove tank and lines plug holein top of intake with an m6 bolt and mix 1ounce of oil to one gallon of gas
xcr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

XCR nailed it pretty much front to back there, including the ratio of 128:1 (which sounds light but is actually exact spec for the 2-strokes per EZGO). One note, when you mix your gas, be SURE to mix it thoroughly in a can first (not just dump the oil into the gas tank) or it won't all go into suspension and will settle/build up in your gas tank over the course of time (leaving a nasty mess to clean up as well as robbing your motor of neccesary lubrication).
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Just another $0.02. When you remove your oil pump drain your fuel lines, pump and carburetor or you will be running for a while on straight gas. I primed mine by wrapping a shop towel around the gas tank filler hole and blowing hard.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
littlecarguy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's a picture of my 88 with the injection removed.
Notice the bolt in the elbow after the carb..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg engine1.jpg (143.7 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg oilplug.jpg (124.1 KB, 63 views)
littlecarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
bfdaddy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for your help! I will do this over the weekend and hope to get more power.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:23 AM   #7
bfdaddy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Houston I got a big problem! Did all that was advised and noticed that my fuel line was going to the carb and not run like in the picture. So I ran my lines like in the picture and I got a mess on my hands. Gas is spilling out from everywhere. Removed the spark plug and it blew gas out. What is that round part behind the carb that has the fuel lines on it? Went back and put everything the way it was before and now I get nuthing but gas everywhere. At a loss and hope I didnt blow the motor up.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #8
bfdaddy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

O.K. the round thing behind the carb is the fuel pump! Looked on Dave Boxes build sight and found that out. Guess the one on the motor still works? I have an electric one on. So I guess buy running both pumps at once I flooded the motor?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #9
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

bfdaddy, I'm glad you sorted that out, now here is something else for you to consider. If the pump was replaced by an electric pump then it is probable that it had failed. One typical failure is a split diaphragm and if the diaphragm has split you now have a path for the crankcase compression to leak out past the pump and one result of that is a loss of power. That ties in with what you said on the 7th. A new pump is ~$33 and that would return your cart to stock which is always nice. The alternative is to take off the pump, tape over the crankcase breather hole and replace the pump to hold the tape down.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #10
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
Just another $0.02. When you remove your oil pump drain your fuel lines, pump and carburetor or you will be running for a while on straight gas. I primed mine by wrapping a shop towel around the gas tank filler hole and blowing hard.
Dave
Since the mixture is so weak, why could a person premix there gas a 1 once per gal, and run the cart for awhile before diconecting the oil injection. Yea I know it will smoke for awhile.
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO