lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
skimaniac6
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Gas pickup messed up

So to add to my list of problems it looks like the pickup tube on my cart is bad. I am not getting any fuel flow and I tried 2 different pumps and neither would work. Is there suppose to be a tube on the end of my gas line going into the tank, it seemed to work better when I stuck a tube in the gas tank ( but still having some fuel issue) but I think it might have been the battery running down.
skimaniac6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2011, 05:08 AM   #2
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gas pickup messed up

there needs to be a tube from the top fitting on the tank to the bottom of the tank. after you have a tube installed you will still need to prime the pump. some have wrapped a rag around an air line to pressurize the tank while cranking. just don't over do it!

if you haven't done it you should download the parts manual for the cart. you will find at the top of this section-"gas tech". go to post with gold stars and scroll down to bennett. it's in there
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Madoc is right on the money - there's an elbow that threads into the top of the tank, one side goes to the fuel line and the other goes to the pickup tube ... On the upside, I'd almost be willing to bet the tube is laying in the bottom of your tank (they're a friction-fit, so they can become detached from the elbow, and when they do there's nowhere else to go but down!). A good tool to use to retrieve it is a long pair of BBQ tongs, btw - once you get it out and cleaned up, spin the elbow out of the top of the tank and remount it (I cleaned everything really well and used a little epoxy to ensure it stayed in the future when I did mine)

If you've got a long piece of fuel line, you can do the good old-fashioned suction method to fill the line or as Maddoc said, after disconnecting the fuel line from the pump wrap an air line with a rag and do your best to seal it into the fuel filler neck, then blow some pressure into the tank to force the fuel up and through the line - either way, you will need to have at least some fuel in the line to allow the pump to start working the first time.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
skimaniac6
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys, I ordered the new pick up tube today, I will fish for the old one on Sunday. I liked the link to the parts, I hadn't seen that before, it makes me realize all the parts that are missing from various system in my old cart.
skimaniac6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Trust me, if you ever saw my cart "up close" you'd realize just how many of the OEM parts are, ahem, "optional" ...
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO