lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default SOC meter.

This is the one I bought from " SimpleMan ". I just got her in today, and am so glad to have a " fuel gauge " on my cart! I'm going to measure the voltages at the low - middle - and high end of the green scale. This will give me a good idea of my batteries charge. At the time of the photo the batteries are on the final equalization charge. I wired this direct as when I checked the draw it has, it doesn't draw enough to drain the batteries in a year!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
rmarcusy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: SOC meter.

nice,,, but if mine,, I would put a small switch just next to it,,,leaving it on most of the time but able to turn it off when parked for long times
rmarcusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarcusy View Post
nice,,, but if mine,, I would put a small switch just next to it,,,leaving it on most of the time but able to turn it off when parked for long times
Actually the resistor across the solenoid lugs passes more current than this gauge! If I ever had to leave the cart sit for a long time, I'd get my friend to charge it every couple of weeks, or disconnect the batteries. I read an article on Curtis SOC's that stated how they measure voltage change over a period of time and switching it on and off would upset this sequence. I'm not sure who made this one ( I couldn't find anything on it anywhere ) but so far it seems to work fine. I just checked and my charge has finished and the gauge needle is now in the upper end of the white chg area. I'm interested what it will read in the morning!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The only thing more fun than having a meter on the cart is comparing it with 2 or more DVMS in the morning
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:37 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The only thing more fun than having a meter on the cart is comparing it with 2 or more DVMS in the morning
I actually tried this morning, but could only find my Fluke. My Wavetek is (temporarily) lost in my hoarded clutter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ex-Ray.jpg (201.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Ex-Ray2.jpg (154.1 KB, 27 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
This is the one I bought from " SimpleMan ". I just got her in today, and am so glad to have a " fuel gauge " on my cart! I'm going to measure the voltages at the low - middle - and high end of the green scale. This will give me a good idea of my batteries charge. At the time of the photo the batteries are on the final equalization charge. I wired this direct as when I checked the draw it has, it doesn't draw enough to drain the batteries in a year!
I have one just like yours, but am in the process of installing a new one, since I'm going to 48 volt. I found the analog one like yours was most useful for monitoring when (and how deep) it would dip into the red while climbing hills.

Like you, I wired mine to be always on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06.jpg (216.5 KB, 19 views)
Old 11-22-2011, 08:09 AM   #7
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I actually tried this morning, but could only find my Fluke. My Wavetek is (temporarily) lost in my hoarded clutter.
You're cheating! Using a remote power supply!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
You're cheating! Using a remote power supply!
It's 'cause my buggy's still in bondage!

I still have to figure out how to get six additional wires through the 3/4" tube steel roof supports, which are currently slap full of wires. I think it'll look good on my overhead console.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buggy.jpg (218.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
.............I still have to figure out how to get six additional wires through the 3/4" tube steel roof supports, which are currently slap full of wires................
The roof is mostly hollow. Run wires originating under the seat via rear roof supports and fish them to the roof mounted console.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The roof is mostly hollow. Run wires originating under the seat via rear roof supports and fish them to the roof mounted console.
Thanks.
I already have wires for my roof mounted tail light, dome light, and high voltage wig-wag strobes, as well as stereo power and memory wires, inside my roof. I used a BIG (mad scientist) rare earth magnet to guide a pull string with a nut attached from where they enter the roof to their destinations. I was hoping to avoid this, because so far, all of my wires are hidden. There's no good way to enter the rear supports without day-lighting the wires first.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04.jpg (137.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 05.jpg (118.2 KB, 9 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO