lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #71
mjjust
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yet another Marathon rebuild.

The seats in your first pic was kinda what I had in mind. That is until I looked at them on Ebay. $400-$600 for the pair was quite a bit more than I wanted to spend. I've seen these same types of seats used in old hot rods so I'm thinking that I may be able to find some knock offs with the same look for less. At the end of the day, I have to remember that I am building this cart for the kids to mess around on. I'll do the "no expense spared" cart after I finish this one.
mjjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #72
mjjust
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, I'm finally getting back on this project. Here's what I've done since the last post. Took the front end apart, cleaned it up, inspected everything, repainted the underside of the floor and then undercoated it with the undercoating in a can. Painted the shocks while I was at it. Thankfully, everything was in pretty good shape.

Also, finally got to hook up with my buddy and get the wrap done. Here's a few teaser shots.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #73
Eezeegoh
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: Yet another Marathon rebuild.

Looks terrific! Mine won't look anything but stock for a while, but you show that with imagination, you can do anything. Of course, there are some extensive redos on the site which are out of my range for a while. I look forward to seeing your seats.

Glen
Eezeegoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #74
mjjust
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

"Jaws" has a friend.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #75
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure why but I like those chevron lawn mower tires... Did you pay extra for all that battery sludge? Looks like fun!
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #76
Eezeegoh
Not Yet Wild

Lovin' the trailer. Our cart had acid sludge all over our compartment too. I just put new batteries and cables in it today.
Eezeegoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #77
mjjust
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I wound up paying a little more than I would have liked, so yeah, I probably did pay for the sludge. Oh well. I mainly wanted it for the rear seat and the extended roof. My plan is to take off what I need for Jaws, and then decide if I should part it out or fix it.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #78
mjjust
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eezeegoh View Post
Lovin' the trailer. Our cart had acid sludge all over our compartment too. I just put new batteries and cables in it today.
Thanks. Picked the trailer up a few weeks ago for a steal. Much easier pulling it than loading it in the bed of the truck. Made the truck feel real top heavy.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #79
sonnym
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Look great where did you get the rubber trim??Is it hard to put back on if so how do you do it??
sonnym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #80
79camaro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah That rubber trim is a bitch! I'd like to know if you are reusing it or putting new trim on?
79camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO