lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
towpro
Getting Wild

Default newer fe290 in an older cart

I bought an 89 cc from a kid that blew the old motor and installed a a fe290 with a tag dated 11/97. none of the wiring or anything has been hooked up to the motor, and the only wires i'm seeing on the motor are from a small black box down low on the front, and a single yellow wire coming from what i assume is the low oil sensor. Is this a do-able and easy hook up or am i wasting my time trying to finish it up ? Also, does anyone have a bigger printed size wiring diagram with colors for a 97-98 gas clubcar ? ive looked at the ones posted in gas cc, but my old tired eyes cant easily make out what wires go where, need something a bit bigger lol thanks
towpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: newer fe290 in an older cart

you can swap engines yes there is a kit they sell to do it proper but one thing you want to make sure of is rotation some engines are C.W. rotation and others are C.C.W. rotation ........as for a wiring diagram the best thing may be a service manual if you can get one................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
towpro
Getting Wild

Thanks for the reply shadowman, i'm sure the motor is cw and the rear is ccw so it will end up driving forward when the lever is in reverse, the cart appears to have the older voltage regulator and wiring, but the motor has the newer s/g, will this make a diff ?
Old 03-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

it shouldn,t make a difference but if you want you can swap out the older VR with the newer one.......my opinion i would leave the older one in because its adjustable where as the newer VR,s are not and they seem to go bad a lot more often then the older ones....i can,t help but love the fact you can adjust the older ones.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by towpro View Post
Thanks for the reply shadowman, i'm sure the motor is cw and the rear is ccw so it will end up driving forward when the lever is in reverse, the cart appears to have the older voltage regulator and wiring, but the motor has the newer s/g, will this make a diff ?
late 96 and up engines are CW rotation as you have noted. If the S/G matches this you will be fine but leave the belt off until you verify it. The voltage regulator should work fine in this application.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
towpro
Getting Wild

Yes, the s/g is a match for the motor, so one less thing to have to deal with lol, just need to figure out what wire goes where now. not sure how to hook this thing up, ive tried looking at the wiring diagram here on the forum but its so darn small i cant clearly make out what is what, nor does it give any color codes. I live up in the sticks in northern mn so no cart dealers anywhere close where i could buy a manual, perhaps ebay might be the answer unless someone here on the forum has a diagram they would email me.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:54 AM   #7
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by towpro View Post
Yes, the s/g is a match for the motor, so one less thing to have to deal with lol, just need to figure out what wire goes where now. not sure how to hook this thing up, ive tried looking at the wiring diagram here on the forum but its so darn small i cant clearly make out what is what, nor does it give any color codes. I live up in the sticks in northern mn so no cart dealers anywhere close where i could buy a manual, perhaps ebay might be the answer unless someone here on the forum has a diagram they would email me.
Hey towpro, Open the diagram thread and RIGHT click it then save to your files and you will be able to go in to your doc. files and in large or print or what ever you need to do.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #8
towpro
Getting Wild

Thanks for the reply Doc, i tried that but either i am not pc savy enough or it just wont work lol, i can get it bigger but its blurred out badly lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car