lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #11
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: First time out with my cart... status report!!

(pics that didn't show up where here... i took that down!)
Cmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #12
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Here are the pics, let me know if you want something different. I took one of the carb just so you can see if anything looks out of whack!
Old 06-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #13
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I would hit the inside surfaces of the clutches with the light sand paper idea then follow with a good wipe with the acetone. If this works don't be discouraged you will soon have something else to fix
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #14
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcannow View Post
I would hit the inside surfaces of the clutches with the light sand paper idea then follow with a good wipe with the acetone. If this works don't be discouraged you will soon have something else to fix
Mind filling me in on the joke? and what i
Quote:
will soon have something else to fix
Old 06-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #15
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

No joke on you!! Just an attempt at humor. I have found, and noted with others, that there is always something we can do to look better,go faster and add on or repair on the cart. To some of us that is a big reason for asking and sharing of ideas and advice in owning a cart. At 81 I don't play that much golf anymore but have rebuilt 3 carts in 3 years and now have the 4th. in the garage.It just adds a little more to the projects to have a little fun along the way. I don't know of anyone here that gives out put downs on any level. Good luck on your cart.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #16
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
No joke on you!! Just an attempt at humor. I have found, and noted with others, that there is always something we can do to look better,go faster and add on or repair on the cart. To some of us that is a big reason for asking and sharing of ideas and advice in owning a cart. At 81 I don't play that much golf anymore but have rebuilt 3 carts in 3 years and now have the 4th. in the garage.It just adds a little more to the projects to have a little fun along the way. I don't know of anyone here that gives out put downs on any level. Good luck on your cart.
No, I wasn't mad or anything, i thought you saw something major that was busted and where saying "good luck fixing that one" type of a deal... you had me scared to death! LOL

But as far as you can tell it looks ok? Dirty and what not but ok?
Old 06-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #17
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Cmoney-Pics don't seem to open. For dirty engine area. I load 'em on my trailer and take to the car wash (hand held wand) and work them over. They came out clean as a pin. Then if you want you can spray with clear coat silicon spray. Next time you can just hose off. Be careful around the wire box areas with the spray. The wife's hair dryer will help around the wiring/spark plug, etc. This looks good for sale of the cart. Note:: I don't make any $$ on these rebuilds but it keeps me out of the house and the bars.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #18
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Let me try these pics a different way!

Hopefully these show up for you guys!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #19
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Here are the pics, let me know if you want something different. I took one of the carb just so you can see if anything looks out of whack!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #20
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I see what you mean about the engine being dirty. Once you clean it up real good it will make you feel better looking at it, even if it doesn't help the running. It's hard to tell but the clutch faces do look like they could be cleaned also. You might want to put rear axle on blocks (not on a jack) and run the engine to see the clutches work. also with engine off grab the clutches and see if they feel loose. Older clutches do wear out and the more play they have the less speed/power. If you will PM me with your email address I can send an attach of parts and mntce. manuels that will help you in working on your club car. I must have missed what year it is but the manual info I can send covers most all prior years.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car