lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
Cody
Not Yet Wild

Default 1979 club car

Hey Guys, new to the site and carts. Was looking at a 1979 club car electric. The guy is asking $300 for it. I know it needs batteries and probably tires. The aluminum frame looks good and all the wiring looks good (not corroded) or anything. Have a small farm mostly flat and gravel driveway, just looking to do a little traveling around between my house and an old farm house. Do ya think it would be worth messing with. Thanks
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: 1979 club car

Welcome to the forum Cody..........................

It's pretty old. Take a picture of it and put it on here. We need to see which body it has.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:22 PM   #3
Cody
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Rusty will try to get some pics. I just called a guy that has an 01 ez- go for $1900 ,electric. Batteries are a year and a half ??
Old 07-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

all depends on how much and how hard your going to use it........if your not gonna use it much and take it easy theres nothing wrong with a 79 other than some parts are hard to come by.........remember by the time you put batts. in it you,ll be at 800 or 900 dollars................so you need to make certain thats all its needs......get it in writing from the seller that if you buy it and put new batts. in it and it dosn,t run that you get your money back....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #5
Cody
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Shadow, I've been really thinking this over, and like you said, by the time I put batteries, then still could be something else wrong with it. The guy that has it hasn't had it running, it's the same as when he bought it. So he doesn't really know either. So, I would probably be better off just holding out until I can get one already running for a few more bucks. Thanks Again
Old 07-23-2008, 08:03 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i would pass.............................................8 )
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:21 PM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

There is a BIG difference between an 01 and a 79. You should pass and buy a newer cart if you plan on doing any kind of upgrades.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:57 PM   #8
dropnbombs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

CODY -- i got a 1980 club car their good carts -- but yea these guys are right by the time you put new batts in it they could run expensive --you can also get some batts at sams club or discount auto parts the cheap batts would work too -- you can also look at craigslist.com and check around your area to see if you come by a cart with batts for a cheap price.. 1900$ is alot more then the $300 youll spend on that cart so search for cheaper carts --ive seen some for 400 --to 800 bucks good running and fits your needs in the farm.. CRAIGSLIST.COM --check it out....
dropnbombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:25 AM   #9
Cody
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys for the replys. I've been checking craigslist, and I'm not in a hurry, so maybe something will come up. My 9 year old is willing to trade or sell his dirt bike to get a cart.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:28 AM   #10
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Carts are plentiful and cheap these days. Definitely keep looking

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car