lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
Trigger11
Not Yet Wild

Default What a Hunting Cart needs ?

I'm going to go pick up a EZGO golf cart up tomorrow afternoon and I'm going to use it for the hunting club . Serly there is some guys on here that has some good ideas to up the horse power and tork for my trerrian at the hunting club . I'm good with electrical so I'm ready for some "Cheap" ideas to fix this baby up for the club . Any ideas or questions are welcome ,I'm just ready to get it and start working on it !!!

The only things I know about it is it's a 36v and has to have new batterys . I'll know more about it once I get it , thanks for all replys
Trigger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: What a Hunting Cart needs ?

define cheap...Motor and controller upgrades are your best bet for torque but not exactly cheap...Your controller is gunna be the first thing to replace to make it up some hills and haul those dead bucks around...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
Trigger11
Not Yet Wild

What size controller would be the best to look for u think ?
Old 08-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Trigger11
Not Yet Wild

And do I need to stay with te 36v or go to a 48v system ? Cause I want lights and maybe a radio
Old 08-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you plan on upgrading controller and have to buy batteries anyways then I say definitely go 48 volts. You won't regret it
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #6
Trigger11
Not Yet Wild

And what size controller , and u have to have 6 8v batteries for 48v?
Old 08-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If you have deep pockets you can go to 48 volts and get great results...the issue with this is batteries will run ya around 500 bux...then you need a 48 volt charger which is around 400 bux...then the controller is around 500 bux...so you see the pattern...you can get good results with a stock motor and a 400 amp alltrax controller...That size will still give you good torque but without upgrading anything else for now...I would make sure you get the programmable one as the non-programmable can't be switched up for torque or hilly conditions...but thats juz my two cents..
Old 08-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
Trigger11
Not Yet Wild

Ok well that hit the nail right on the head , that's what I was looking for , thanks .
Now it's just if I want to do it right and spend that kind of money cause the cart was traded so I really don't have any money in it .
Old 08-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #9
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Until you get the cart and can give us more info on it aside from the brand of controller we cant give you a model till we know what type of cart it is. Is it a series or a dcs or a pds or maybe older marathon? When you get the cart look and see where the shifter is. If its a switch on the dash you have a pds cart. If its by your leg it could be a series or a dcs. If its a dcs the shifter will be by your leg and it will have a run/tow switch in the controller cover area.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #10
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

As spawn says let us know when you pick cart up and have a little more info...then instead of a few numbers we can give you specific upgrades and actual cost...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO