lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Smile Windshield angle?

I am restoring an EZ go and see that the factory has the windshield set at a vy boxy angle and wondered if a y of you have given a little more bend to the struts to make it look better and how much you can bend them before finding head problems on entry/exit etc? I've looked a at lot of pix and have only seen one that was changed? Gotta be a reason but I don't see it? Any ideas?
Lavorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Smile Re: Windshield angle?

I should have mentioned that I am fully aware that I will have to change all four of the top struts and that the top will move towards the rear of the cart which is better as we have a rear seat we are putting on. I wish I had one of the long tops but I don't.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Windshield angle?

You can make it anyway you want, your the one that will bang there head on the top if its to low, just make it to your liking, the new cushman 1200 hauler I have the windshield is layed back alot more than the normal carts. Good luck
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
sonnyhooper
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Looking at RSP's picture I sure don't see where you have a problem doing that. You could leave the rear where it is and lengthen the front after you bend it back. That would keep it the stock height and the rear would get more cover.
sonnyhooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

My question also includes the question as why more people don't do this as it makes the cars look a lot better if they have a little angle to the windshield? Also I can't see that it is possible to move the front stanchions back w/o also moving the rears back as the distance will have changed on the mounting holes. No prob in changing both, but it will lower the heigth a bit if they are not lengthened.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #6
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

You can chop the top for a more angled look. I took 3 out of the rear and 3.5 in the front:

Its enough to give the cart a more custom look, but not enough to make it hard to get in and out of.
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO