lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
surfdog
Gone Wild

Default RXV performance improvements

Hi everyone, I recently posted about trying to get some performance out of my txt. I decided it would be easier to purchase cart that was already 48 volts. what I see are either EZGO RXV's or Clubcar Precidents. And an occasional older clubcar 48 volt. I'm wondering the following,
1 Which of these carts are recommended
2 Can they be made to perform better than stock and if so, at what cost and what speeds do they achieve?
3 Do they come with the type of chargers that maintain the batteries (do they start again automatically)?
4 are they difficult to work on?
5 Are they reliable? As in the braking systems?
Thanks
surfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV performance improvements

The only Club Cars I've seen lately have been in my rearview mirror.

RXVs haven't been around long enough to get any aftermarket controllers and motors designed for them, so you're stuck with stock.
However, the stock ones can be adjusted so they are pretty quick.

To the best of my knowledge, the chargers supplied with new carts do not have a battery maintainer mode built in. Get something like a DPI Accusense that goes into float charge after the regular cycle finishes.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I love my RXV and so far no one has ever kept up with me cruising the streets at 28 mph. Best of all the electronics are all stock just hooked it up to programmer and turned everything to max. I have never had a brake issue and you have to figure there are a lot of RXV's out there and of coarse you hear about the bad and not the good. I am real happy in converting it to 6 8 volt batteries and highly recommend it and it was a pretty easy job to do, once the body was removed. I am sold on RXV's and see more and more of them in my town.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

More of them around here also. Very impressive even in completely stock form. There are about 12,000 carts registered here and occasionally you see one on the side of the path broke down, but haven't seen any broken RXVs yet.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

At 28 mph, it must have high speed gears. Maxed out with larger "street" wheels should get you about 22 mph. Larger offroad tires will get you more speed without HS gears. Now, if you have a newer "curtis" powered rxv, there are tricks, but it will result in motor rpms above 6000 rpm. These cars have 16.99:1 gears stock, and that gets about 19mph with stock wheels at roughly 6000 rpm.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #6
Barksdale
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

My RXV is stock except larger tires and wheels and turned to max speed. It cruises at 25 with 4 people. My local shop said he can change the gears and it will run 35.
Barksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #7
surfdog
Gone Wild

What about the club car precedent? I ask because they have the six eight volt batteries stock. Are they also programmable? Do the aluminum frames hold up well?
Old 08-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
surfdog
Gone Wild

Also, how do you reprogram an RXV?
Old 08-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #9
pete959
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

rxv has a hand held programer. i am not a fan of club car suspensions but that is just my opinon front ends r a very weak link
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
Barou
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

So what do you do when your dealer refuses to reprogram your RXV beyond the factory settings? I can't justify the cost of a programming unit just to make mods to my cart. Any ideas/suggestions?
Barou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rxv upgrades
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO