lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
cfstokes55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2011 rxv problem running.

I have a 2011 rxv and I am having problems getting it to run. I can plug the charger up and the charger will start doing it thing and continue to charge for a couple of hours then will flash red and cut off the cart says it is charged but then when you go about a city block it starts to slow down and the battery meter starts to fall fast. three of the four batteries read 12.7 to 13 volts there is one that reads 10 at all times. I am thinking that this battery is bad causing the cart not to run. I have also jacked up the back tires and when you press the peddle the battery pack falls from 50 volts to 46 volts. just wondering if the whole battery pack is bad or just this one.

i also haven't tried charging just this one battery by its self to see if the battery can be charged up am planning on doing that in a few.
cfstokes55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
cartboy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2011 rxv problem running.

I've posted about the same problem recently in my RXV autobrake thread.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...oblem-iii.html

We had four carts doing the same thing, charger starting green and then going to red flashing after awhile.

That, specifically, is a "battery temperature fault". We reported it to our E Z Go tech for 2 or 3l months. Finally, he said to take the battery temps with a lazer thermometer.

We did that at one hour, two hours and three hours after we plugged the chargers in. They got hotter every reading. 100, 110, 130, 140. We did it again the following day, same results.

Batteries in other carts were 80 or 90.

Last week he replaced all four batteries in all four carts. He said he did not care about voltage reading, but he did about hot batteries. Actually, he cares about voltage readings, too, but they have to be really low, 10.5 or lower, so you've got a candidate there based on voltage.

If a couple hours after plugging your charger in the batteries are hot and sulfur smelling, that's the problem.

And, Yes, I took voltage readings, and No, they were never abnormal.
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
cfstokes55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

that makes a lot of sense the one that is at 10 volts dose get hotter that the rest of the batterys. and it is only on the pos side of the battery. is this just a battery thing or is it a charger thing. but in the mean time i will replace and see where it leads me i will keep ya posted.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Switch to 8 volt batteries. Cheaper than replacing 4 12 volt batteries.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfstokes55 View Post
that makes a lot of sense the one that is at 10 volts dose get hotter that the rest of the batterys. and it is only on the pos side of the battery. is this just a battery thing or is it a charger thing. but in the mean time i will replace and see where it leads me i will keep ya posted.

I'll go with battery, since the four red-flashers red-flashed regardless of where they were parked in the cart barn. I looked for them every morning.
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
cfstokes55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

well thanks cartboy for the info replaced the battery last night put on charge and left over night, now works like a champ. just replaced that one battery I know I am going to have and replace the other later but runs now and im happy with it. it was a heat issue all along.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO