lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: 80's era CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhortt View Post
anyone know when cc went to the slip-in hinges from the pin type hinges?
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2014, 10:07 PM   #12
lhortt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

WOW CTD....that was fast...THANKS!
lhortt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:11 PM   #13
crash test dummy

search of parts manuals
Old 08-28-2014, 10:31 PM   #14
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I had my first experience working on one of these old resistor solenoid carts about a month ago, and wow was I impressed. Very simple wiring, and easy to diagnose and replace parts. This particular cart I fixed had a bad microswitch in the throttle box. $3 fix, and it was up and running like new. Sure it wasn't the fastest cart on the block, but also no miles of wiring or several hundred dollar computers or controllers either like today's carts. You decide what you want to do with it, but if it were mine, I'd leave it all stock...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #15
Wylie_Tunes
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
name of charger ?
Lestronic II model 7850

The SN is A8046, so it looks to be a 1980 DS
Wylie_Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #16
Wylie_Tunes
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
but if it were mine, I'd leave it all stock...
See, this is the kind of advice and opinion i like. I need someone to talk me into converting it. Make a good case to convert it. I am already buying batteries and possible a charger, so that looks to be the bulk of the investment.

Would converting to 48V make this cart more marketable for a future sale? I plan to restore and do a mild mod on this cart, then list it for sale at some time. At this point, I actually have no use for it This is 100% just for the hell of it.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #17
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie_Tunes View Post
Lestronic II model 7850

The SN is A8046, so it looks to be a 1980 DS

Congrats! A first year DS
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:46 PM   #18
Wylie_Tunes
Getting Wild

As noted, this has been in the shop since May. I tried to charge it once and thats when i noticed the charged kick off after about 10 minutes. Since then, I have moved it around the shop, under its own power, about once a week cause its always in the way. Its slow, but it still has power and still goes.

Pack voltage = 34.86
pairs voltage = 11.63, 11.61 and 11.63

Water level is good in each battery. Cables are crap and some corrosion on a few of the posts

Charger is plugged up now for about 5 minutes. leveled off at 42.2V and about 16A
Old 08-29-2014, 03:57 PM   #19
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

In answer to your question about value, a conversion won't mean much to anybody other than those who know about carts, which seems rare in buyers. They're more interested in "does it run?" and "how much?" than worrying about performance and how it actually works. I personally would keep it stock, electronics wise, and maybe paint it or something, but not worry about sinking a ton of money in it because in general, mods just don't add to the overall sale value of a cart. It makes sense that they would, but they just dont for whatever reason.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #20
Wylie_Tunes
Getting Wild

i'd be tickled if the pack is good and the charger is good. if so, I will leave it stock and just fix it up.

It is getting a full makeover.....lift, wheels/tires, paint or wrap, stereo and LEDs, etc. The top/frame is going by by and will be replaced with a center console style canvas T-top with storage pockets for skim and boogie boards. The bag well is getting at least an 8", if not a 10" sub in a custom fiberglass enclosure.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car