lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #21
quiktsi
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 6" Lift and now HOT Cables

Johnnieb do you have a kit with upgraded cables as well or can I make one with the #808 and cables and get a better deal?
quiktsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2014, 03:26 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
As usual JohnnieB, great information! You have played with both, would you suggest just skipping the 400 and go straight for the 500? It seems to be better bang for the buck for those of us that can never get enough!
* First upgrade was 2Ga cables. Better low end torque.

* Second was replacing stock (17.4") tires with 18.3" ones. Slight speed increase due to taller tires. Stayed with turf tires so I can drive on the grass in some local parks.

* Third was the 808B kit and got 24 MPH. (DCX400 with Super-Duty solenoid, since I was going to run 36V and then up the pack voltage when I replaced the batteries.)

* Fourth was a 7 x 6V 42V-245AH battery pack. (They fit under the seat without moving stuff to make room ) Speed increased to 28 MPH, range increased to mid 30's.

* I was finished with upgrading the drive system at this point, but I did something stupid. Drove downhill at full throttle and lifted my foot to make the turn at the bottom. When the regen braking kicked in, the stock PDS motor seized and took out the DCX400 as the cart slid to a stop.

* Replaced the exploded motor and smoked controller with more robust units.
Got the same speed and nearly the same range, but a whole lot more low end torque.

Under normal driving conditions, a DCX400 and a stock PDS motor are a great pairing. I've got steep hills and a heavy foot.
If you think you will want more in the future, go with the DCX500 (or DCX600) and dial back the Max amps. It is user programmable.
The DCX500 is a little much for a stock PDS motor.

If you want to use Regen braking and/or Turbo, get a D&D motor, they are designed for regen and Turbo, the Plum Quick builds are not. Don't know about other brand motors.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiktsi View Post
Johnnieb do you have a kit with upgraded cables as well or can I make one with the #808 and cables and get a better deal?
I think you've got me mixed up with scottyb.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #24
quiktsi
Not Yet Wild

Are you able to disable the regen braking with the dcx400?
Old 03-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #25
quiktsi
Not Yet Wild

Oh I apologize.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:16 AM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiktsi View Post
Are you able to disable the regen braking with the dcx400?
Yes

Here are the user adjustments and selections for Alltrax DCX (Sepex) and AXE (Series) user programmable controllers.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Controller-Pro-Screen-Control.gif (35.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: gif Controller-Pro-Screen-Throttle.gif (25.1 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO