lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #1
Caspero
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Lift/wheel questions

I have a 2008 precedent that I want to lift 6" with an A arm kit. My ? Is what size wheels and tires should I use 12",14" 22" 23". I mainly use it at a campground but also hit some good trails with it. Also it's all stock. Motor controller etc. will it still have decent speed and torque with changing wheels or will I have to upgrade the motor ? I need at least enough power to get it into the back of my truck.
Caspero is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
lunaticrider
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lift/wheel questions

With a stock set up I wouldn't suggest going over a 23" tire, I see you posted rim sizes but tire size is what you want to watch for. In my findings the 12" rim has the most tire options and personally think that the 14" rim looks to big on a golf cart.
lunaticrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

A lifted cart still looks good with 12" wheels and low profile tires.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #4
crunchman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hi,
On my 2007 "stock" Precedent I put 12" wheels and tires with a 4" Jakes Aarm lift.
I have speed code 4 (19.6 mph) and with the new tires I hit 23 mph on flat roads.
I did gain speed but lost enough torque to NOT be able to climb the ramps into my truck. I get alittle push from the kid or wife and it goes right in.
I had read here the PQ bandit motor will work with the stock wires and controller and will increase the torque. I wonder if it would make it in the truck with the PQ?
crunchman
crunchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:07 AM   #5
miker
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

the stock stuff should be fine for what your doing,the big thing with precedents is you have a ton of room up front not so much out back.the front of rear wheel rubs a little bit I grind about a inch of the plastic off on the corner till about half way up wheel well,bigger tires fit much better
miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:41 AM   #6
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

I used a 6" spindle lift. 22" tires were recommended, I went with 23" and they have worked fine, but I wouldn't go bigger. Wheel size has nothing to do with the amount of lift. A 23" tire on a 14" rim needs the same amount of space as a 23" tire on a 12" rim. Some also put in HD springs for the rear when they do a lift to keep the fenders from rubbing the rear tires with weight on the back - mine works fine without the springs, even with 2 people on the back.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car