lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
nxttime
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default tie-rod ends

Ok, so I was going to replace a floppy steering assembly I got for CHEAP (brand new) $60 shipped. Well I got to looking at it and not only did my son bend the a-arms, but the delta box was TOAST (bent about 3 different ways), the front section where the Z-Lift was done (previous to my owning) is bent and partially cracked in one spot!!!!, and the other a-arm was bent (fixed), but I was wanting to replace tie-rod ends while I'm in here and have EVERYTHING apart....my question is: are car tie-rods ends the same or am I going to have to go to the semi-local (25miles away) cart shop and see if they have some ends(that and the delta box)????

Thanks in advance.
Brad
nxttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
vzdude
Gone Wild

Default Re: tie-rod ends

I have seen the tapered holes drilled out and hiem joints put in with bolts, but I doubt you will find and automotive tie rod end with the same dimensions. You would spend hours opening boxes just trying to find one, and if you did, it would probably be a different thread anyhow......just my $.02
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
nxttime
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

haha, you're probably right. I went to the cart shop this morning and he didn't have any tie-rods in stock (at least not for my 97CC), also a negative on the Delta box, so I just came home and went to town on it with my 20Ton press and got it in respectable shape. Unfortunately now the front section is still bent (front part of the Z-lift). So I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that. I might just call it a day and sip a cold beverage or 8 and watch some football....
Old 09-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
rib33024

See if this helps---they might have it

http://www.midwestcontrol.com/part_family.php?id=1
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like the son needs to help fix it and help pay for the fix. I have found with my son, he is less likely to bust things if he knows dad will make him "waste" his time watching me fix it. Not to mention the pain of helping to pay for the fix... Your mileage may vary...
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #6
chance
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
Sounds like the son needs to help fix it and help pay for the fix. I have found with my son, he is less likely to bust things if he knows dad will make him "waste" his time watching me fix it. Not to mention the pain of helping to pay for the fix... Your mileage may vary...
I agree with this guy. It what my dad did. Although, it kind of backfired when I was in middle school. I fell in love with all things mechanical and would take stuff apart to see how it works and then put them back together(most of the time) and built go karts, rode dirt bikes, and now I am building my golf cart

So now I am the one "wasting" my life in the garage (in their eyes)
chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #7
nxttime
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

yup, you're both right!!! In his defense, the steering has been a dicey operation since I got the cart (the rack wouldn't stop where it was supposed to on a right turn) and would continue to the "flat spot" on the rack where the steering wheel would just spin and spin....but knowing that he shouldn't have been W.F.O. coming down the hill towards the pond either!!!! LOL.....
Old 09-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #8
rib33024

did you find the tie rod ends
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:05 AM   #9
nxttime
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
did you find the tie rod ends
not yet...but then again I was trying to get my 4dr "mustang" going (79 fairmont with fuel inj. 331 with T70 turbo kit on it....)
Old 09-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #10
Freezeman
Not Yet Wild

Nice link Rib, I just got 4 ends last week for my Yamaha. I was first quoted 55 bucks each for OEM.
Even if your going slow it's imposible to control where your going when they fail.
Freezeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car