lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #11
smooth72
Getting Wild

Default Re: Tomberlin Tax Credit

I understand about the flooding the market and probably all the makers of carts will have their version out, Like Mike said the EZGO will have their version out next year. Probably the used market will get pretty tough on all brands if the tax credits continue. This is the first year for Oklahoma's credit and has been only approved for one year. For me I plan on keeping it and with the combination of credits, if it has any salvation value at the end of its use I will be ahead. I am just glad to be entering the cart world. Thanks for all the input I have allot to learn.
smooth72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #12
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes - By all means enjoy your cart

As a dealership, I just see some shocked future Tomberlin owners when they think they got something for nothing. My maximun trade in for a Tomberlin 2009 - 2010 model will be around $2,000.00 (Texas registration)...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:06 PM   #13
smooth72
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Yes - By all means enjoy your cart

As a dealership, I just see some shocked future Tomberlin owners when they think they got something for nothing. My maximun trade in for a Tomberlin 2009 - 2010 model will be around $2,000.00 (Texas registration)...
Mike, want this do the same thing to EZGO when they bring theirs out, and any other brand that qualifies for the LSV tax credit?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #14
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth72 View Post
Mike, want this do the same thing to EZGO when they bring theirs out, and any other brand that qualifies for the LSV tax credit?
I personally think that the EZGO models will be much better quality than the others available now. But, yes, their values will be more related to used cars and not golf carts. Tax credits will be immediately taken off the value of the cart - any cart - any brand LSV. Tomberlins don't have a good resale value in our area - now even less with tax credits being used. I won't take one on trade, because people still think they are worth their "paid" price. I didn't want to turn this into a vehicle discussion, but my thoughts are that the Tomberlin will be worth $1,500.00 to $2,000.00 used by this coming Spring. Lets face it, after rebate - new price is $3,500.00...

Old 09-08-2009, 08:32 PM   #15
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Smooth - please remember I'm not knocking your purchase! I originally wanted to post about the tax credit money really won't be "free" cart money You're getting a nice ride for "FREE", just don't expect to get $6,000.00 for it next year if you want to sell or trade

Old 09-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #16
smooth72
Getting Wild

Mike, I really don't know enough about any brand to have a opinion about a brand. In Oklahoma it is just a unique opportunity to get a cart that I would have not been able to. I think the Oklahoma legislator underestimated the numbers that would take advantage of it. Dealerships here won't answer there phones they just let it go to a answer machine. A local News tv station www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=11030782 ran a story on it and it got crazy after that. Several of my neighbors have EZGO and like them They are all custom painted with custom wheels. Yes I have cart envy I think the big market for all of the new LSV will be all the after market parts and accessories. These carts have some of the widest age range of any toy I know of.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #17
moss9994
Not Yet Wild

Smooth I guess you had no idea what a bad deal a almost free NEV could be. Leave it to a competing dealer to tell you.
moss9994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #18
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss9994 View Post
Smooth I guess you had no idea what a bad deal a almost free NEV could be. Leave it to a competing dealer to tell you.
I'm not a competing dealer - Just a guy that can add and subtract

Old 09-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #19
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss9994 View Post
I think if you read thru my posts - I am meerly stating that the free cart is a great deal. But to remember it was a free cart when it's time to sell or trade.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #20
moss9994
Not Yet Wild

Gee Mike what makes you think I was talking about you?
moss9994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin