lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Speeding Up My G9

I want to get more torque and top speed out of my G9 without spending my entire budget. Is there some small things i can do to accomplish this? By the way, I was searching on a sponsor's site and found an accessories shop less than 15 miles from the house. Has anybody ever used Carts Zone in Gastonia, N.C. before?
trkbilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Speeding Up My G9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkbilder View Post
I want to get more torque and top speed out of my G9 without spending my entire budget. Is there some small things i can do to accomplish this? By the way, I was searching on a sponsor's site and found an accessories shop less than 15 miles from the house. Has anybody ever used Carts Zone in Gastonia, N.C. before?
Is your G9 a reistor coil or controller model? depending on the year, they made both.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:03 AM   #3
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have no idea! How do I tell?
Old 09-22-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Is your G9 a reistor coil or controller model? depending on the year, they made both.
Maybe these photos will help! Which do I have?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010662.jpg (77.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg P1010663.jpg (85.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg P1010664.jpg (73.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #5
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

OK, somebody tell me what I have, resistor coil or controller model! I really need to know!
Old 10-01-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Resistor. Those big coils between the batteries are the steeping resistors. You'll get more torque if you do a 4ga welding cable upgrade.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:17 AM   #7
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
Resistor. Those big coils between the batteries are the steeping resistors. You'll get more torque if you do a 4ga welding cable upgrade.
Does anyone have a pic of this so I will understand what I'm looking at doing to my cart?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #8
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Can somebody explain this procedure?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:38 AM   #9
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Your own photos show large open resistor coils between the batteries with about 6 cables attached to them. What basically happens is power is supplied to the wiper switch and then to the motor in steps though the resistors. The resistors have a high to low resistance which restricts the power allowed to pass to the motor restricting the speed.
It's easy to understand if you look at this wiring diagram at the bottom center, where it shows speed controller, resistors. This is not the wiring diagram for your cart, but an example that is easier to read.

dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #10
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
Your own photos show large open resistor coils between the batteries with about 6 cables attached to them. What basically happens is power is supplied to the wiper switch and then to the motor in steps though the resistors. The resistors have a high to low resistance which restricts the power allowed to pass to the motor restricting the speed.
It's easy to understand if you look at this wiring diagram at the bottom center, where it shows speed controller, resistors. This is not the wiring diagram for your cart, but an example that is easier to read.

Man, that is way cool and I can use it. I'm still confused about the wire itself. Should it look just like the "coil" or will it be different some how? A pic of this would really help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha