lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #11
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

Default Re: Cost to Run EMerge

Got new numbers, the cost per mile seems to be dropping. Must be because of it breaking in.

It cost me $2.82 to go 60.5 miles at a cost of $0.10 per kwh. I now have 180 total miles on a E4 cart. Works out to be 4.6 cents per mile. The gas price here is $2.89 a gal. so based on that it is equal to about 62 miles to the gallon.
Timdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #12
MoparTim
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2008 EMerge with just over 100 miles. It will go 27 mhp down hill but then breaks itself to 25 mph. I have driven it till the meter shows low (like a fuel gauge). Then the lights go out (head lights, dash, turn signals...) and it goes to what I call a reserve mode and top speed is 17 mph. I have not run it to the point it will not move anymore before I charge it. I go about 20 miles then I make sure it gets a good charge. Per the book you are not to leave it unplugged because the computer will need to do a check on the batteries after a certain amount of time.
MoparTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #13
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

By running the batteries so low, you are severely shortening the life of them. Do a search on battery care/life and see what you should be doing.
Timdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:30 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Wet Cell Batteries have no memory and want to be as close to fully charged as possible at all time.... Even though they are deep discharge batteries, the manufacture's recommendation is to never discharge below 50% of capacity.
See chart below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Batterytable1-1.jpg (88.7 KB, 8 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #15
Rxpman18
Not Yet Wild

Hi, i just bought a flooded 2010 Tomberlin Emerge 500, and i was wondering if anyone could help me out with the parts for it. i haven't gotten it delivered yet but i want to make a parts list just in case it actually needs something. Most of the time they just need a drying out but i have never owned a emerge and was wondering if you could tell me the motor you have in yours and the controller. Please do not give me just the name, i need everything so i can be able to find it online. Also if you anybody is modding their motor and is getting rid of theres please tell me how much, and we can probably work out a deal. Also i am looking for the controller name and model and specs, also if anybody has one of those i will be glad to buy it from you. Also, if anybody has a charger or batteries that they upgraded or just replaced i will take your old ones if your asking a reasonable price. I will arrange the shipping and the money all you have to do is tell me if u got it! Thanks
Rxpman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin