lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
Bogie king
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default I smell gas, and it backfires

Hey guys, I'm not real good with small engine problems..... I got a 2006 G-22 a few weeks ago. I know they changed the fuel filter in it for me before I picked it up. I have noticed that when I stop the cart, I can smell a little gas, and when I take off again, sometimes it has a little bit of a backfire. I looked all over for a leak, but found nothing.... So, I'm wondering, could the carb just need a little adjustment ? Like maybe it's a little too rich, and is leaving a small amount of gas in the throat of the carb when you shut down the throttle ? I don't know, like I said, I don't know much about small engines... and help would be great........ thanks.
Bogie king is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: I smell gas, and it backfires

A good thing to try is to take the air box off...when you hit hit the throttle you notice the flap move on the carb...when it goes back to close when you let off the peddle you will notice the flap rest on a screw...try taking the screw all the way off...it is an idle screw and these carts dont idle, they only run when peddle is pressed...If its out to far it will cause these symptoms
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
Bogie king
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Not sure I understand.... are you saying take the screw completely out, & leave it out? Or try adjusting screw till flap closes more?
Old 07-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

you can take the screw completely out...like I said its for idle and these carts dont idle so it is not needed at all...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
Bogie king
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Ok thanks, I will try it tomorrow, I have golf league tonight, can't get it done tonight....
Old 07-20-2012, 01:07 AM   #6
snopro1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

They may have the throttle cable adjusted to tightly. if it's set to tight the carb won't close completely when you take your foot off the gas pedal. Peel the floor mat off from the driver side enough to expose the metal floor plate above the pedal group. Remove the plate. Where the throttle cabel hooks into the gas pedal linkage there should be a little slack.
snopro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha