lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
J.White
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default G16 runs sometimes and not others?

I am having issues when my cart will run fine but sometimes I press the accelerator and nothing happens. I hear a click once and attempt to turn over the starter (which is brand new). and at other times it takes off fine (seem like on warm days it take off better). I checked voltage on the solenoid terminals and see 12.54 volts and at battery I see 12.57 volts.

Is it possible the solenoid work sometimes and not at all at others? Will tapping on it while pedal pushed down tell me there is a problem with it?

I replaced fuel pump, put on a new fuel lines, fuel filter, new spark plug, cleaned carb, charged/added acid to battery, put on a new ignition coil and replaced the starter/generator, in an attempt to correct the issue.

Can anyone help me? I am thinking I need to replace the solenoid now...

Thanks in advance,
J.White
J.White is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 runs sometimes and not others?

Maybe check to see if it's grounded good!!!!!
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Check all the battery cable connections. Pull up the access panel at the pedals,there is a 2-prong connector for the pedal-switch,make sure its' not damaged or corroded. Check the ground to the electrical-panel under the seat on the driver-side.My Wifes' G16 would run perfect,then not at all.The ground from that panel into the main harness was bad. I ran a new ground from the panel to ground,problem solved. Also check the solenoid with a test-lite. One small terminal gets power when you press the pedal, which then energizes the large terminal going to the starter/gen. If you are getting power to the small terminal, and not the large when activated, or not hearing the solenoid click, replace the solenoid.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It is more common to have wiring connection and ground issues like posted, also include battery clamps in that mine did the same thing and even after I cleaned them and they looked very clean. I had to file them finally. The pedal switch can get bad and cause this but you will not hear the solenoid click, you will not get power to the small terminal if pedal switch is doing it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Just a thought, but if it doesn't fire and you spin the starter belt a bit (maybe a quarter-turn) try it and it fires again, then it's a fast $13 set of brushes and about 45min - fixed.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:29 AM   #6
J.White
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you all for the posts and I apologize for not getting back sooner.

I checked everything stated except the ground wire running from the pedal. Will check and get back to you all - Once again thank you.
J.White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #7
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Put a volt meter on the battery, it may be taking a surface charge only.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha