lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
littlekpd
Not Yet Wild

Default G9 smoking, also loss of power

Hi, I'm new to the site and new to the golf cart world. I bought a 1992 G9 and it will run and its alot of fun but I am having a couple issues and hoping for some advise.
When the motor is cold it smokes but the smoke goes away once the motor has warmed up ( smoke is pretty blue)

When i press the accelerator to the floor in bogs down. runs the fastest at about 3/4 press

I've heard of a couple fixes anywhere from new rings to valve adjustment. I'm capable of anything that needs to be done. Before I tore into it tonight I was hoping for a little advise

Thanks in advance
Josh
littlekpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
littlekpd
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G9 smoking, also loss of power

Also I put a new plug in about a week ago and its awfully dark and toasty. there appears to be oil sitting on top of the piston. hard to tell for sure but it does look like oil
Old 04-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Sounds like the oil rings are worn and/or valve stem seal. G2 thru G14's are netorius to not run correctly if the air box isn't sealed correctly.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
littlekpd
Not Yet Wild

I have 150psi compression. I took the head off and ordered new vales and seals and gaskets. the valves looked a little worn
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha