lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2022, 02:54 PM   #1
mark74star
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Total charge 3 charger

Hi guys, I had a lady not charge her batteries all winter. I’m trying to individually bring them back up so the charger kicks on. Is there a way to trick the total charge 3 charger and just let that thing to the work? I’ll get one or two up in the 5 range individually but by the time I’m charging the last couple those will drop to the 4’s and it’s annoying. Thanks for any help!
mark74star is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2022, 02:39 PM   #2
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Total charge 3 charger

Did you ever figure it out?
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 06:36 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Every year we have more than a dozen carts come in that were never charged all winter. For those 6 volt batteries I use a 12 volt automotive "dumb" charger on 2 batteries at a time to bring them up to where the cart charger will work. Sometimes they will come back, but even if they do it's with diminished capacity & lifespan.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 08:43 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I revived a pack last week for a friend using my trusty lab power supply hooked up to the whole pack putting out 1 amp for a few minutes. Then his OBC kicked on his charger. I'm not sure how his batteries are doing or why they fully discharged in the 3 weeks he was away. I suspect he left something turned on.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 06:00 PM   #5
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Batteries drop voltage that quick, may not be able to save them.
I replace more batteries in carts at our campground in spring due to people not charging them over the winter.☹️
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO