lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
Turfzilla
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Modifed Freedom Chip?

I just installed a freedom chip on My TXT PDS. nice bang for the $$.

Is there a way to tap into the wires on the freedom chip, put a inline switch where I can turn the freedom chip on and off? I want to de-tune it when the kids are riding around the yard, but I don't want to pull the cover off the controller each time. More or less make a "stunt" button or switch.

Thanks in advance.
Turfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2015, 12:51 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Modifed Freedom Chip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turfzilla View Post
I just installed a freedom chip on My TXT PDS. nice bang for the $$.

Is there a way to tap into the wires on the freedom chip, put a inline switch where I can turn the freedom chip on and off? I want to de-tune it when the kids are riding around the yard, but I don't want to pull the cover off the controller each time. More or less make a "stunt" button or switch.

Thanks in advance.
Yes. just install a switch in the jumper wire between the pins.

Here's what the jumpers are for the various mode and a list of the speeds and regen brake levels.

Flip the Run/Tow to Tow. flip the switch(es) in the J2 jumper wires and then put it back into Run.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS J2 mode plugs.jpg (130.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS Mode speed-regen level.JPG (18.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:18 PM   #3
Turfzilla
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Just to clarify: For the freedom chip, do I need switches for both sets of wires or just the (J2) 1 to 5 wire? It looks if I have a switch from 1 to 5 it will be in the Mild hill mode when the 1 to 5 is disconnected, correct?

Secondly, I guess this is not a "on the go" switch, you always have to go to "tow" mode first before switching?
Turfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:02 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Correct. When I was running a stock PDS, I put a switch in the jumper between pins 1 & 5 and ran either Freedom or Mild Hill.

Yes, the mode change cannot be done on the fly with a 2007 PDS.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:22 PM   #5
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

You know, maybe not for the kids, but for real opened up speed you can do the magnet on a PDS and it would go from stock 14mpg to about 20-21mph for less than $60. For some reason it seams not many people know that.
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:51 AM   #6
Blackbeard
Not Yet Wild

There is someone on ebay selling a plug and play version of this that allows you to switch modes on the fly. Dont know how well it works and would love to hear any feedback of others if any using this product. I have thought about purchasing one for my pds cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-09-01-07-37-47.jpg (201.3 KB, 0 views)
Blackbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:19 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Never seen that, its pretty sweet! It would also enable freedom mode on a PDS cart not equipped with it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:47 PM   #8
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
There is someone on ebay selling a plug and play version of this that allows you to switch modes on the fly. Dont know how well it works and would love to hear any feedback of others if any using this product. I have thought about purchasing one for my pds cart.
I have seen that installed on a cart. I can't see all of the picture there but there should be a relay that has like 9 wires in it after the switch between the switch and controller. I asked the customer about it, he wasn't very impressed....said he didn't think it did anything. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to try it. And for some reason that I cannot comprehend the installer had placed the relay in the front wheel well completely exposed to the elements.
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO