lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2017, 12:00 PM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Pre-Charge Resistor

That BLK - SOL - terminal on the Controller is there for that very specific reason, to connect the negative side of the Solenoid coil.

It also provides other benefits like Solenoid coil voltage suppression and optionally disable the solenoid on 0 throttle.

The only reason it is normally not used with a working OBC is that the OBC disables the cart when the charger is plugged to the cart.

By the way I forgot to mention, after this change Your cart will function with the charger connected to the receptacle so You may want to pass the charger cord through the steering wheel as a reminder.

You just need a 1/4" female quick connector for the Controller side and a #10 stud ring connector for the solenoid small post.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2017, 12:27 PM   #22
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Awesome! Thanks can't wait to try it when j get home from beach
Ms506s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:38 PM   #23
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

In the second photo lt looks like the two large cable lugs are very close or maybe touching. I woul put something between them. Also on one of the solenoids large post you have the small wire ring terminals under the large cable. The large cable always goes on first.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:52 PM   #24
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
In the second photo lt looks like the two large cable lugs are very close or maybe touching. I woul put something between them. Also on one of the solenoids large post you have the small wire ring terminals under the large cable. The large cable always goes on first.
Alright I will work on that now! Thanks
Old 10-15-2017, 05:11 PM   #25
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Looks like that worked! Went for a run. All good! Going to do a test run after dinner. Thanks for y'alls help
Old 10-15-2017, 07:23 PM   #26
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
In addition to this I would change the lock washer to a smaller one as it looks to be to big.
One size smaller should be correct.
Glad you go it going.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:30 PM   #27
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

I am just glad it works. We went out for an hour tonight with the new underglow going too. Woot woot
Old 10-24-2017, 09:00 PM   #28
Ms506s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That BLK - SOL - terminal on the Controller is there for that very specific reason, to connect the negative side of the Solenoid coil.

It also provides other benefits like Solenoid coil voltage suppression and optionally disable the solenoid on 0 throttle.

The only reason it is normally not used with a working OBC is that the OBC disables the cart when the charger is plugged to the cart.

By the way I forgot to mention, after this change Your cart will function with the charger connected to the receptacle so You may want to pass the charger cord through the steering wheel as a reminder.

You just need a 1/4" female quick connector for the Controller side and a #10 stud ring connector for the solenoid small post.
Sergio, cart has been running good lately since I hooked up the cart as explained.

Now when I go I feel the cart try to jolt fast and then goes slow. I feel as if I lost some torque.

For example when I pull out of the driveway and floor it the speed and torque kicks in and then feels as if it is being held back and then accelporatws slowly. I'm getting 17 mph, but I feel something just isn't right. Can this be something that needs to be controller programmed? It's an alltrax 48500. Any thoughts would be awesome.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:18 AM   #29
thegrokshop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Lightbulb Re: Pre-Charge Resistor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Disconnect the Yellow wire from the Solenoid small post and tape it as it will not be used.

Run a new 16ga or 18ga wire from the Solenoid small post where the yellow wire was connected to Controller BLK - SOL - terminal.
I was doing a 36-48v conversion & had a similar issue, and also found this same solution worked. I have a couple videos showing the conversion process and wiring I ended up with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxmA...jssEeN4CK8pCkA
thegrokshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car