lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #1
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Engine swap essentials?

Alright guys, i have a project on my hands to make this old 1977 taylor dunn from electric to gas. I have removed all the battery trays as well as the electric motor, the cart is chain drive. There is alot of room under the seat and i need the right engine for a reasonable price, its not going to be very fast just around 20 to 25 is my goal. Its for the lake and i want to know its not going to get stuck because of lack of power.

My questions

what motor to use, i have looked at snowmobile motors but they use a belt
Also if i get any other motor like a little 13 horse honda how will i have reverse?

I can fabricate everything with no problem, this is where i am stuck. let me know if you guys want pictures. also the axle and the actual axle output shaft run parallel to each other.

Oh yeah the cart is all diamond plate and is really really heavy at least 800 lbs i think it is almost like a little honda.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Motor 1.jpg (100.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Motor 2.jpg (131.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Motor 3.jpg (109.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Motor 4.jpg (120.3 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by 10507581; 03-19-2009 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: pictures
10507581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Engine swap essentials?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10507581 View Post
Alright guys, i have a project on my hands to make this old 1977 taylor dunn from electric to gas. I have removed all the battery trays as well as the electric motor, the cart is chain drive. There is alot of room under the seat and i need the right engine for a reasonable price, its not going to be very fast just around 20 to 25 is my goal. Its for the lake and i want to know its not going to get stuck because of lack of power.

My questions

what motor to use, i have looked at snowmobile motors but they use a belt
Also if i get any other motor like a little 13 horse honda how will i have reverse?

I can fabricate everything with no problem, this is where i am stuck. let me know if you guys want pictures. also the axle and the actual axle output shaft run parallel to each other.

Oh yeah the cart is all diamond plate and is really really heavy at least 800 lbs i think it is almost like a little honda.
yep,, PICTURES
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
Gone Wild
Club Car

got the pictures put on, thanks man.
10507581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

With the Ford 8" rear end...does anyone know of a tranny that would mount to a engine "V-Twin" and just use a driveline? I think Rodger (Rodgers Ride) mentioned it at one time. Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!