lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2021, 11:45 PM   #11
StracDnomyar
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Post your mileage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano7 View Post
400 miles, no issues to report. Limp mode twice.
By "limp mode" do you mean running out of batteries?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
StracDnomyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2021, 10:28 AM   #12
NJICONi40L
Not Yet Wild

Month or so old i40. about 80 miles. Short runs. Charge every night. No problems so far. Also, have added the LED turn signal mirrors - now I don't look like an old man driving down the road with the turn signal flashing away! LOL
NJICONi40L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 04:39 AM   #13
Roy Gurley
Gone Wild

Club Car

Location: Retired and live in small town of Timberlake, North Carolina

2014 cc president , in 16 months 2668 miles
Roy Gurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 02:18 PM   #14
Itchy75
Not Yet Wild

Just hit 260 on mine. Had it delivered late June.
Itchy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 03:38 PM   #15
cajunman 1
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Got a rocking deal with a second hand 2021 I40L with 107 miles.( I think) only had 2 days and the F-N-R switch pushes in to far and after trying to fix it ,the speedometer just reads "0". state of charge is working. Side note: after reading Atrain's speed increase post. I spoke to the local dealer(not where it was bought) and he told me the could turn my speed up to 30 ish for $99.00 which is a 1 hour labor charge. the new software will be in next week.
cajunman 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 04:43 PM   #16
fscroggs
Not Yet Wild

2021 Icon, In the shop for the 2nd time. Significant vibration above 12 mph and the state of charge still not working. Dropped off at dealer, neither issue fixed. Had a hard time getting them to come to me and take a ride to convince me that the vibration was normal. 2 minutes into ride, he said no. Told him fix it or I want a refund and I'll buy another brand.

Glad to see so many with good results. Hoping the dealer takes the vibration seriously and gets it resolved. If I had to guess, it's a bad tire. Dealer mentioned rotating tires, which would just move the problem.
fscroggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 10:50 AM   #17
HDaugus
Not Yet Wild

1300 miles in 7 months. I work from home so this is my primary errand running vehicle (I have a street legal 2021 i40L). I live in a hilly area in Los Angeles and I drive this thing EVERYWHERE within a 12 mile radius albeit outside of rush hour times and I travel primarily through residential neighborhoods. Larger thoroughfares on off hours, for short distances and when I have to take them I chose those that have at least two lanes so people can go around me. It's very doable and a super pleasant way to get around. I've found that because of the regenerative braking I actually get better mileage going through neighborhoods that on thoroughfares where I would go at max speed for long stretches. Even on flat ground the long stretches at top speed seem to drain the battery much faster than stopping and starting through neighborhoods for the same distance. We installed air1solar's roof solar kit and I have barely had to plug in the cart since February even with running errands pretty much every day. Note about the solar though, if considering this, know that the kit only works with lead acid batteries and you need to squeeze some 1" square pipe rails up in the ceiling to support the panels. The icon top is pretty thin. We tried it without adding the rails and saw the beginnings of cracking so installed the rails and all is good. Just ordered the EcoFlow Delta 1300 power station to carry in the well in the back for backup charging on longer rides. Mostly probably for night time rides when we obviously can't solar charge and aren't sure of availability of places to plug in. Everything adds up cost wise but since this is my main vehicle these days (and it's super fun) it's actually reasonable for a fully solar vehicle.
HDaugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:06 PM   #18
dc.901
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDaugus View Post
1300 miles in 7 months. I work from home so this is my primary errand running vehicle (I have a street legal 2021 i40L). I live in a hilly area in Los Angeles and I drive this thing EVERYWHERE within a 12 mile radius albeit outside of rush hour times and I travel primarily through residential neighborhoods. Larger thoroughfares on off hours, for short distances and when I have to take them I chose those that have at least two lanes so people can go around me. It's very doable and a super pleasant way to get around. I've found that because of the regenerative braking I actually get better mileage going through neighborhoods that on thoroughfares where I would go at max speed for long stretches. Even on flat ground the long stretches at top speed seem to drain the battery much faster than stopping and starting through neighborhoods for the same distance. We installed air1solar's roof solar kit and I have barely had to plug in the cart since February even with running errands pretty much every day. Note about the solar though, if considering this, know that the kit only works with lead acid batteries and you need to squeeze some 1" square pipe rails up in the ceiling to support the panels. The icon top is pretty thin. We tried it without adding the rails and saw the beginnings of cracking so installed the rails and all is good. Just ordered the EcoFlow Delta 1300 power station to carry in the well in the back for backup charging on longer rides. Mostly probably for night time rides when we obviously can't solar charge and aren't sure of availability of places to plug in. Everything adds up cost wise but since this is my main vehicle these days (and it's super fun) it's actually reasonable for a fully solar vehicle.
That is awesome! I wish to get there someday as budget permits... However I have club car DS, so much older cart.
Do you have any pictures of your setup? If you do not mind sharing?
dc.901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 07:35 AM   #19
HDaugus
Not Yet Wild

I was worried that the solar panels would be clunky and not very cute (haha ) but I love them and most people don't even notice they are there until I tell them that it's a solar powered vehicle. It's 3 - 100 watt panels.

Haven't taken pics yet of the underside with the rails but if anyone needs that I can do it. The third picture of the center run between seats needs to be rotated but I don't know how to do that. Sorry to hurt your neck!

Heather
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Icon with Solar Panels.jpg (339.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Icon Top Connection.jpg (173.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Icon Center Run between seats.jpg (158.1 KB, 0 views)
HDaugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 07:01 PM   #20
BackNine29
Not Yet Wild

2 month old i20. Golf only. 130 miles on it so far. 1 mi to course, round of golf, then back home. Very happy with it.
BackNine29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon