lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2022, 05:05 PM   #11
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Looking for best bang for the buck in 48v lithium conversion would these work?

An issue with cheap, low capacity packs is that they will not be able to supply the continuous and peak currents required in a cart. The 60Ah battery linked to in the first post can only supply 60A continuously or 120A for a brief period. Definitely not enough.

Also, spending the money on a 25 year old cart is a non issue. Putting a lithium pack in a DS will transform the cart and give it a new lease of life. The performance increase will suprise you. And as has been said, it can always be transferred in to a new cart if you wish.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2022, 05:10 PM   #12
rib33024

Default Re: Looking for best bang for the buck in 48v lithium conversion would these work?

Ottawaphil and other members

BGW RULES

No business advertising or posting links of other golf cart business sites other than those of our sponsors: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php

Thank you
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 05:42 PM   #13
Jaybird18
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would look for something with a min. of 100AH if I was to go to lithium.
Jaybird18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 10:24 AM   #14
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I've been very happy with my 105ah....I also went back and forth about the additional cost. Now I wished I had done it a long time ago.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 12:10 PM   #15
Ottawaphil
Not Yet Wild

i use the cart about 10 miles per week so a lot of your suggestions seem like massive overkill for me.
Ottawaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 12:23 PM   #16
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You probably don't need the range of a 100AH battery but you might need the current capability. What Pat911 said!
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 03:34 PM   #17
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Another point to consider is that a larger capacity pack will need less charge cycles during its service life to cover the same distance. Lithium battery service life is directly related to charge cycles so all things being equal, a 120Ah pack will have a service life twice as long than a 60Ah.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 07:44 AM   #18
Ottawaphil
Not Yet Wild

is the roypow 51v 56ah pack enough current for my stock 95 club car ds 48v? range of 20 miles is more than enough. thanks
Ottawaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 12:58 PM   #19
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I use Chevy Volt cells for my cart and my buddies Taylor Dunn cart.

But there are many more versions of traction packs available now, each with their advantages and disadvantages.

On the online auction site I just found Honda Fit modules, LTO 24S 64.8v 20ah packs for $330. for a 51.3v max pack that'd be 19s so if you get three of those LTO packs you'd have 72 cells and use 57 for a 60AH pack and have enough left over to create a 60ah 13.5v pack for your onboard electronics.

There's Fiat 500e packs available for $300. Those are 64ah cells stuffed 6 in a pack. three of those packs would provide enough cells for a 51.8v pack at 64ah and a 64ah 14.8v pack for your electronics.

There are 64ah BMW cells that'd be an interesting upgrade for a 36v cart since they come as a 44.4v pack. These are the same as the Fiat if I remember correctly. Could be a pain to reconfigure though.

Also Ford C-Max cells available. I saw the 25ah cells (there are other smaller capacity cells too, so be careful) available for $425 for 21 of them. This would be a little more $ to build a pack than the other options but they are easily configured since each cell is separate with studs built on each end. Could be worth offering to buy two packs from them which would let you build a 14S3P pack for 75ah at 58v. They may accept $375 each.

The point is there are a LOT more options today than when I put lithium in my cart a little over 3 years ago. The LTO cells available are interesting but I don't know enough about them yet. If I were doing another lithium cart (which I am not) then I'd look into those a bit more... $0.02
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 08:50 AM   #20
LithiumMoto
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Anybody have some specs on max current pulled by motors / controllers on start up or up hills with 2 people ??
LithiumMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium