lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2022, 07:44 PM   #121
Stroked250
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2022 ICON Controller Parameters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __JAG__ View Post
Typically some parameters should never be changed while running, it can cause bad things to happen. Programmers keep this from happening by locking them out by not allowing you to change while running.
Makes sense
Stroked250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2022, 08:17 PM   #122
Stroked250
Not Yet Wild

Wondering if anyone has made progress on some of these variables.

1. 08.05.08 Torq Acc/Dec Rate - Any thgouht on what this does? I am still looking to improve full pedal acceleration.

2. 08.01.04 Soft Stop Threshold Speed - Wonder if upping this changes the minimum RPM to engage soft stop (regen braking). It would be nice to enable regen braking from a full speed deceleration (sy anything above 6000 rpm) but not a partial deceleartion where you are just trying to slighly slow down but still have some pedal pressure.

3. 10.01.02 - 10.01.13 seem to make sense. What are the next set of parameters (10.02.01 -10.02.13)? I am not clear on what GEN means. The current limits here are lower by default than the MOT limits.

4. 06.02.04 : Fwd Acc Full doesnt seem to matter what value I put in here. Any thoughts?

My cart is a 2022 Advanced EV I6 Lifted with Lithium which seems to dictate difrerent factory power settings. My cartnever seems to draw over 160amps per the application monitor.
Old 05-31-2022, 08:32 PM   #123
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked250 View Post
Wondering if anyone has made progress on some of these variables.

1. 08.05.08 Torq Acc/Dec Rate - Any thgouht on what this does? I am still looking to improve full pedal acceleration.

2. 08.01.04 Soft Stop Threshold Speed - Wonder if upping this changes the minimum RPM to engage soft stop (regen braking). It would be nice to enable regen braking from a full speed deceleration (sy anything above 6000 rpm) but not a partial deceleartion where you are just trying to slighly slow down but still have some pedal pressure.

3. 10.01.02 - 10.01.13 seem to make sense. What are the next set of parameters (10.02.01 -10.02.13)? I am not clear on what GEN means. The current limits here are lower by default than the MOT limits.

4. 06.02.04 : Fwd Acc Full doesnt seem to matter what value I put in here. Any thoughts?

My cart is a 2022 Advanced EV I6 Lifted with Lithium which seems to dictate difrerent factory power settings. My cartnever seems to draw over 160amps per the application monitor.
10.02.xx - Those are for the regenerative braking mode. The way regen works is like a generator which creates voltage/current when its braking. You have to get rid of that voltage/current. Either with a large resistor as hear, or putting it back into the battery. You can only safely put so much current back into the system. Those parameters are setting the Regen current limits.

06.02.04 - I have not had to change this yet. My speed was being limited by the current limits in 10.01.xx

If your only seeing 160 amps, your being limited. What are 10.01.xx set to? Also check 11.08.02, the Battery Current out limit.
__JAG__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 09:27 PM   #124
Stroked250
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
10.02.xx - Those are for the regenerative braking mode. The way regen works is like a generator which creates voltage/current when its braking. You have to get rid of that voltage/current. Either with a large resistor as hear, or putting it back into the battery. You can only safely put so much current back into the system. Those parameters are setting the Regen current limits.

06.02.04 - I have not had to change this yet. My speed was being limited by the current limits in 10.01.xx

If your only seeing 160 amps, your being limited. What are 10.01.xx set to? Also check 11.08.02, the Battery Current out limit.
I assumed that was for the regen, but wasnt sure. I left those values alone.

My Bat current out limit is 220, which i have yet to break 200. Interestingly, I just tried to adjust 6.02.04 and put it at 2. Acceleration was neck breaking, I am turning it back to 15 and testing again. I did up my Bat Mot Base maps 20amps across the board. At Base Mot 5, I am hitting 30mph at ~7200 RPMS and have a TON of torque.
Old 05-31-2022, 09:38 PM   #125
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Yeah if you want to get up there with current, you have to raise the limits. I set mine all at 400 and was able to get up to 36.5mph and hit over 300 amps. Really haven’t tried to ouch it any farther. Wanted to get my high/low speed switch installed first. My kids don’t need to be driving it that fast.
Old 05-31-2022, 09:45 PM   #126
Stroked250
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Yeah if you want to get up there with current, you have to raise the limits. I set mine all at 400 and was able to get up to 36.5mph and hit over 300 amps. Really haven’t tried to ouch it any farther. Wanted to get my high/low speed switch installed first. My kids don’t need to be driving it that fast.
As I understand, amps dont give you the speed, RPM/voltage will. Unless you arent stock and need apms to power through bigger tires or gears.

I just put more load on the cart and I pulled 194amps peak in lower RPMs. I also uppsed my Batt Current Max out and it made no difference since I never hit the peak AMPs in the first place.

Any thoughts on Soft Stop Threshold Spd? I would like regen to only kick it at higher RPMs. Its still a bit jerky when you left off partial throttle at midrange speeds.

I do feel like we are developing a much better tuning map overall for drivability.
Old 05-31-2022, 09:45 PM   #127
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Guys, this is great info and exactly why I started this thread. Wish we could get more involved in the discussion! Test-N-Tune!!!
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 09:49 PM   #128
Stroked250
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
Guys, this is great info and exactly why I started this thread. Wish we could get more involved in the discussion! Test-N-Tune!!!
Agreed!

If I can just figure out how to smooth out the decelleration jerkyness and disable regen at low RPMs. I think the answer is in a combination of settings, just need to figure that out!
Old 05-31-2022, 09:59 PM   #129
Stroked250
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
What is your cart configuration?

I wonder why you are drawing so many amps comparitively. I assume you're lead-acid?
Old 05-31-2022, 10:04 PM   #130
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked250 View Post
As I understand, amps dont give you the speed, RPM/voltage will. Unless you arent stock and need apms to power through bigger tires or gears.

I just put more load on the cart and I pulled 194amps peak in lower RPMs. I also uppsed my Batt Current Max out and it made no difference since I never hit the peak AMPs in the first place.

Any thoughts on Soft Stop Threshold Spd? I would like regen to only kick it at higher RPMs. Its still a bit jerky when you left off partial throttle at midrange speeds.

I do feel like we are developing a much better tuning map overall for drivability.

You won’t be able to get to speed if the current is being limited. Even though you aren’t hitting the max of those limits, it’s still being limited. It’s a curve based on motor speed and current limit. I raised the max vehicle speed and could not reach that speed due to current limits. Raised the current limits and can hit the max speed all day long.

This is basic drive/motor control.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon