lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2022, 09:46 PM   #11
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 30 psi compression on hot pink G1

This is a 2-stroke engine correct ? oil in gas mixed right ? piston looks like one that has been run without oil mix. I do think this is the 215cc two stroke oil injected engine and no way would I trust oil injection on something this old.
I may be wrong but always good to ask.
Here is a link that Slo posted several years ago that might help you learn more about this classic.
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=76176
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2022, 09:52 PM   #12
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Exclamation Re: 30 psi compression on hot pink G1

all yes creative Lagrange but take a ratchet extension that fits in the hole for the wrist pin get a good wacky stick put the extension in the hole then give it some good old wacks
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:15 PM   #13
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon willis View Post
all yes creative Lagrange but take a ratchet extension that fits in the hole for the wrist pin get a good wacky stick put the extension in the hole then give it some good old wacks
L willis . You cease to amaze me with your expert tips
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:25 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Leon seriously just stop. Nobody thinks you’re funny and I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish.

I can’t think of a better way to ruin a rod or the needle bearings on the bottom Of the rod seriously stop giving “advice”. I’ve said it before, take that advice to Facebook. Not here. We do things differently here to avoid it turning into Facebook arguments and competitions and etc.

I will just say this so if someone searches this later they have something to reference. Its better to Use a bolt, nut, and a deep socket big enough to fit the wrist pin inside it and tighten the nut/bolt to press out stuck wrist pins. But alyle already has it removed from the engine. He’s got pictures of the piston in his hand

Remind me never to buy anything Leon Willis touched. You’ll have a jacked up rod, melted piston, and a clutch full of oil
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:32 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
This is a 2-stroke engine correct ? oil in gas mixed right ? piston looks like one that has been run without oil mix. I do think this is the 215cc two stroke oil injected engine and no way would I trust oil injection on something this old.
I may be wrong but always good to ask.
Here is a link that Slo posted several years ago that might help you learn more about this classic.
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=76176
Nope trig, right on target. Old 2 stroke. And I’d never trust the oil injection either. The oil injection works great, until it doesn’t. And the only way you find out it doesn’t is when you end up with a piston that looks like this
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 12:29 AM   #16
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
get a good wacky stick put the extension in the hole then give it some good old wacks
Hmmmm. That's good advice right there!

Now, where else could I use this technique to benefit the rest of the community?
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 06:39 PM   #17
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

it worked for me
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:54 AM   #18
Lochlin
Gone Wild

For as scored as that piston is, I don't know how the cylinder can't be as well. Personally, I would just go ahead and do the entire top end. The one time spend and work should last you 20 years or so.

Regarding the needle bearing, I have never found the need to replace them when doing a top end, not that I have done a ton of them.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:09 AM   #19
Alyle
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
For as scored as that piston is, I don't know how the cylinder can't be as well. Personally, I would just go ahead and do the entire top end. The one time spend and work should last you 20 years or so.

Regarding the needle bearing, I have never found the need to replace them when doing a top end, not that I have done a ton of them.
Cleaned up th cylinder last night and just as I expected there is a big gouge in the side of the cylinder wall. Off to find a top end kit. This "issue with the fuel line" (what the seller told me was wrong) is turning into a much bigger issue. It's fine though. I'me leaving a lot and excited to get this cart going. Since OEM cylinders/pistons are hard to find any recommendations on aftermarket parts would be appreciated. I want to get something that will last. Anyone had good experience with a certain brand over another?
Alyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:46 AM   #20
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Yeah, I have restored a lot of vintage carts now and have found that, invariably, people either don't know what's wrong with their cart or flat out lie about what is wrong. "It just needs it's carb cleaned." Well, why didn't you clean it so that you can sell a good running cart rather than a non-running one? Now that I know what I am doing a little bit it's a lot easier for me to see through the BS.

Regarding your top end, there are a lot of kits out there that contain all of the rings and gaskets and stuff. I would bet that virtually all of them are made in China at this point so there may not be a big difference from one to another. Getting something from a site sponsor is preferable, of course. I have never had to buy anything from him, yet, but everyone here swears by Plowman's for their G1 needs.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha