lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2022, 09:19 PM   #1
carguy1985
Not Yet Wild

Default Programming Neos Question

I know this has been beat to death but I have reviewed all posts and also googled as well as researched on other areas.

I have a 2021 i40L. I have my windows 10 laptop with a canusb adapter and the serial cable to molex connector.

I have installed all the drivers for everything and basically this is what happens.

Turn on cart. Plug in everything up until the usb to PC.

I plug the usb to PC and the red and green light flicker and then turn off. When I launch NEOs the red light turns on and I get the tune option. When I select it loads the page with settings but says can reception timeout.

I’m sure I am missing something. I have it set to VCP in device manager so the com port is 3. Is there an adjustment I’m missing. The molex is seating fine on cart like I said hey is on.

Ty!
carguy1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2022, 10:42 PM   #2
carguy1985
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Programming Neos Question

anyone who’s programmed. Can you send a screenshot of the driver that works in device manager as well as answer, when does light turn on green. When you plug reader in and cars on and program closed or only when you turn program on.

My setup when I plug usb in it block green and red 3 times then off. When I open program it turns on solid red.

Ty
Old 05-21-2022, 11:46 AM   #3
BobInDaytona
Getting Wild

If it starts loading data down from the cart, your connection is fine. Also, if it let you choose the tune section, the connection is fine. I have seen that on a few carts where it times out loading info. Keep trying by pressing the download button. You may have to try many times, but it will eventually get it all...
Actually, the button may not say download - it might say something like "read cart"
BobInDaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 06:41 PM   #4
carguy1985
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInDaytona View Post
If it starts loading data down from the cart, your connection is fine. Also, if it let you choose the tune section, the connection is fine. I have seen that on a few carts where it times out loading info. Keep trying by pressing the download button. You may have to try many times, but it will eventually get it all...
Actually, the button may not say download - it might say something like "read cart"
Yes it says read device. I have done it a few times but I’ll try a few.
Old 05-23-2022, 06:45 PM   #5
carguy1985
Not Yet Wild

Just an update the cable I bought was defective. I made one and worked.
Old 05-23-2022, 07:07 PM   #6
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

For the record, the cable he purchased was not from me.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 08:46 PM   #7
carguy1985
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
For the record, the cable he purchased was not from me.
It wasn’t not. I already contacted the seller. I don’t want or expect anything just as a heads up in case they did not know there were some issues. It was my issue for not trying it sooner.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:01 AM   #8
BCPower
Not Yet Wild

What the the pinouts from looking into the back of the molex connector to the Serial adapter that plugs into the CANUSB?
BCPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon