lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2022, 11:36 AM   #1
97ccds-custom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 0-5V throttle pedal adjustment

I have a Club Car DS that I completed a solid state conversion on thanks to CartsUnlimited ( @scottyb ) almost 2 years ago and it's been great fun. This week I went to ride my cart and it didn't move. After a couple attempts I heard a click and it move a little. So I put my laptop on and connected the Alltrax Toolkit software to see what the SR controller was reporting (2 green + 5 red). The error was "Low Throttle Input Overrange". So after more troubleshooting I found that if I push down almost halfway on the pedal it started working perfectly until I let up on the throttle pedal.

I have a 0-5V MTF-192005-2 Huanxin pedal. When I took the two screws off of the electrical box that attaches to the wound up part of the pedal I took a flathead screw driver and felt the plastic wheel part was a little stuck and now it turns freely. So I think I loosened something up but now I don't know the trick to get it adjusted and reattached. I think it's still working because I was able to drive the cart by turning the screw driver.

Does anyone have any tricks or suggestions on how to properly reattach and adjust the electrical box to the pedal?
Attached Images
File Type: png ss-alltrax-may22am-pedal-down-speed-dial-middle.png (56.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png pedal-adjustment.png (1.27 MB, 0 views)
File Type: png pedal-adjustment2.png (1.14 MB, 0 views)
97ccds-custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2022, 01:46 PM   #2
97ccds-custom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 0-5V throttle pedal adjustment

I got the pedal back on as there were basically only two settings to line up the metal with the plastic. Now I push the pedal about halfway and I can sometimes here a click from the solenoid if I wait about 5-10 seconds and the cart moves but I can't let up on the pedal otherwise the vehicle dies and I have to start the process again. The wires all appear to be good. I'm not sure if my pedal is faulty or if I need to look at the Alltrax SR controller and try the auto-throttle calibration. Anyone have an experience with these electronic pedals or an auto-throttle calibration on a 0-5v pedal?
Old 05-25-2022, 02:44 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Did you pre-load the pedal sensor before assembly? Sounds like it is just triggering too late?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 03:46 PM   #4
97ccds-custom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

It was running fine for almost 2 years since I first assembled it. I thought it was preloaded by you when you sent me the kit? I agree it feels like it isn't triggering until the error condition disappears and it waits a few seconds then it start sending voltage to the motor. When you send these out do they use the standard 0-5V setting on the controller or should I consider using the Absolute Throttle setting and calibrate it?
Old 05-26-2022, 10:33 AM   #5
97ccds-custom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I tried again yesterday and started to panic because I wasn’t getting any voltage to the motor and worried I fried the motor then it started to work again but the cart could not get up to full power. Battery pack appears to be fine and the alltrax is sending voltage to the motor I just can’t seem to get the right amount. So if I can’t adjust the pedal more I guess I need to figure out how to figure out it is in fact a bad pedal before I order a new one? Scotty do you sell just the pedal?
Old 05-26-2022, 11:18 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There is a replacement pedal on the conversion kit page. It's item 4 near the bottom of the page
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 04:26 PM   #7
97ccds-custom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
There is a replacement pedal on the conversion kit page. It's item 4 near the bottom of the page
Ordered. Thanks! Fingers crossed this is it.
Old 06-14-2022, 11:56 AM   #8
97ccds-custom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Following up on this in case it helps anyone else with an SR cart and an Alltrax controller. The issue was resolved after working with Scotty and then calling Alltrax support. Alltrax suggested I rewire and stop using the J1-Black connection to the Solenoid neg and instead put a ring terminal on a wire going right from the solenoid negative to the battery main negative. After doing this my cart was back up to full operation. I'm not sure I understand it fully but I guess the solenoid going to J1 black was meant for the software to manage the open and closed state and it wasn't reading the throttle correctly so it shutdown. When I gave the solenoid direct access to the battery negative the 0-5v throttle pedal started working fully again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car