lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2022, 10:07 PM   #1
plassman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Options to replace 20x10x10 Tires

I have an older Yamaha cart. It currently has knobby Sahara 20x10x10 tires on it that are pretty worn. i'm looking to replace them with something smoother since the cart is used only on paved streets.

I've stopped at a few local tire places, but they don't seem to have any options for me, so they suggested I look online. I can't find anything online except ATV style off road tires in that size. Is there perhaps another size I should search by to find street tires for my cart? I see a lot of road tires using different sizing numbers, but I don't know how or if those sizes equate to 20x10x10.

I'd like to keep them around the same size and reuse the wheels, so just looking for some smoother tire options and I'm not having much luck. Looking for some advice, thanks!!!
plassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2022, 01:22 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Options to replace 20x10x10 Tires

Nearest european equivalent would be 254/50r10 for a road tyre. ( this is in the UK, may be slightly different over there!)

Or a fairway pattern grass tyre would be ideal, just not sure on the legality of using these on the road.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:03 AM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

20x10-10 is a typical lawn tractor tire size, pretty wide for a golfcart. Alternatively check out 20x8-10 (4pr) trailer tires or equivalent 205/65-10.
Picture's showing 20.5x8-10 trailer tires i'm running on my RXV.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210402_174823.jpg (109.1 KB, 0 views)
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 01:29 PM   #4
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

I run the Litchfield Specialty Inc. street elite tires on my cart used mostly on paved roads. I have had them on the cart for about 7 years and they ride nice and wear well. You can find them at https://litchfieldspecialty.com/.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 09:00 PM   #5
plassman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you all for you responses, I really appreciate the assistance. I ended up finding some road tires on sale at golf cart king online and they were actually marked as 20x10x10, so a straight replacement. They shipped them quickly and they look like they will work great for me, so I'll give them a try. Thanks for the help!
plassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha