lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
EZGOmywallet
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default New Battery Question

I just bought new batteries today. I got everything installed and plugged the charger in at 5:00pm. I painted my controller/sol cover. I just went out to make sure my 3rd coat was dry and it was. I put it in it's place and was fixing to put the bolt in and my charger clicked off. That would have made the charge time 3hrs on a brand new set of batteries. I know I have read that it takes much longer then that the first few cycles.

I think it is just a coincidence that it clicked off while placing the cover in place. I put all new wires on and know there is nothing loose or anything like that and I did not have the bolt close yet. My question is, could it be possible they are already fully charged ? They all read 6.34 volts when I got them home and started putting them in (so that is above the average 75% charge of new batts) and the date codes are all A-0.

I didn't know if I should leave them alone with the idea they are fully charged and check them in a hour or so, or if it would hurt anything to just restart the charger now to make sure ?
EZGOmywallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Battery Question

What yr cart? Ezgo powerwise charger? What is pack voltage right now?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
EZGOmywallet
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

sorry, 92 ezgo marathon- Textron TC-3. Reading 39.3 after about 30min or so since the charger kicked off.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Run it down until it reads 37 - 37.5 and plug it back in ... the next time should take longer.... So far no reason to worry
Old 02-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #5
EZGOmywallet
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

shoooo, thanks man. Me and my "wallet" were getting worried ! I was glad to see you on here and glad it wasn't in the 1.5 hour time frame that your aren't on here each day lol. Thanks for your help, and the help on the site period !
Old 02-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Glad to help

Elvis is dead, Mozart is dead, Einstein is dead, and I'm not feeling so great myself....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO