lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2015, 08:54 PM   #1
embmtxatl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 36 volt LED battery indicator

I have hooked up my battery indicator as the wiring manual describes. I have it hooked up through the key switch so it is hooked up the following way:

+ from indicator to + of first battery, - of indicator to - of first battery. Then the C connection of the indicator to the power side of the key switch and the other connection of the key switch to the + side of the first battery.

After a 45 minute ride tonight the indicator never moved off the full mark.

I tried to hook it up as above is described except I didn't hook up the other connection to the + side of the battery. The indicator did move down 1 mark but after a full charge the indicator never reset to full so that is why I rewired.

Did I make this clear as mud? Any help would be much appreciated.

2008 TXT PDS 36 volt cart
embmtxatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2015, 09:40 PM   #2
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36 volt LED battery indicator

the + and - should be at the ends of the battery pack not on 1 battery
try that and see
Gr8hntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:26 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

My first question would be "who's meter is this?". In the world of "10-led bar graph meters" there are many to choose from. They all LIE for batteries that are "less-than-perfect". Having said that, my experience with these are limited to the true original "curtis meter" made by curtis. It has a long part number you can decode to determine just what its supposed to do (for reset voltage). They generally never reset for a partial charge. That means they have to see a certain "on-charge" voltage during recharge. This will only occur during the charge cycle. Sometimes, crap batteries dont ever reach that point to reset the meter. How good are your batteries?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:01 PM   #4
embmtxatl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8hntr View Post
the + and - should be at the ends of the battery pack not on 1 battery
try that and see
I read somewhere that the + should be on the first battery and the - should on the last battery. What are your thoughts on that?
Old 08-14-2015, 11:03 PM   #5
embmtxatl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
My first question would be "who's meter is this?". In the world of "10-led bar graph meters" there are many to choose from. They all LIE for batteries that are "less-than-perfect". Having said that, my experience with these are limited to the true original "curtis meter" made by curtis. It has a long part number you can decode to determine just what its supposed to do (for reset voltage). They generally never reset for a partial charge. That means they have to see a certain "on-charge" voltage during recharge. This will only occur during the charge cycle. Sometimes, crap batteries dont ever reach that point to reset the meter. How good are your batteries?
I bought it on Amazon. I believe its from automotive authority. The batteries are brand new.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:17 AM   #6
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
googled and found this

Connections: The "+" terminal is for a positive volt connection. The "-" terminal is for the negative or ground connection. The "C" terminal is for when being installed through a key switch or direct connection. Please review the installation instructions for the correct wiring diagrams. Reset: For the battery indicator to be reset to full when connecting through a key switch, it is necessary that the meter sees the charging voltage for approximately 6 minutes. This is because the meter is equipped with a memory recall feature. Dimensions: Overall: Width 2 1/16" ; Height 1 1/4" Hole cutout - 1 3/8" wide by 7/8" high Depth Behind front meter flange to end of mounting screws - 1 1/8 inches

http://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Aut.../dp/B00CULEPVC
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:41 AM   #7
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by embmtxatl View Post
I read somewhere that the + should be on the first battery and the - should on the last battery. What are your thoughts on that?

Correct that is where you will get 36v
Should be thicker cables attached to the 2 post you are lookin for
Old 08-15-2015, 09:43 AM   #8
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

And I agree the bar graph meters are not very accurate. . Digital read out is the way to go
Old 08-15-2015, 12:01 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

"sees the charging voltage for approximately 6 minutes"? I agree with the 6 minutes (thats just how the curtis meter works as well), but my question is, what exactally is the charging voltage? (hint, its a specific number that would allow a reset, not a generalized term)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:16 AM   #10
embmtxatl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So question back to ya'll since this meeter seems to be kicking my arse...I have it hooked up to the key switch like it calls out for but it wont power on until the fwd/rev switch is moved. Did I come off the wrong key switch terminal?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO