lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2015, 12:17 PM   #1
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Spun HUB 10 time now Broke AXLE

Hi All,

I have been a member of this form for a long time but after my cart build was complete fell dormant due to family, kids, work and other obligations. I am now blessed with another son who I want to spend time with working on the cart as I have done with my older son. It is our “bonding time even though I don’t think he understands much” we enjoy it. For the past few years aside from burning out a few motor and replacing batteries the cart has seen relatively light use by my dad who had a heart attack so I left the cart with him to help him get around his property. Well now I have the cart back and just dropped in a new motor and reprogrammed the Alltrax SPM to a more fun and aggressive settings and almost immediately spun another yet another HUB.

To start with I have a heavily modified 2003 the newer steering type EZGO TXT converted to 48V with Alltrax SPM 48600, 1000Amp solenoid F/R switch conversion setup pretty much everything in the cart has been rebuilt as HD. I have the Jakes 6 spindle lift on 23 Sahara style tires. The cart is street legal and runs about 34 MPH with full stereo, rear sear kit, long top, ect.
I am tired of spinning HUBS and was hoping for some suggestions on how to please fix tis. I understand nothing it permeate but I am going through hubs every 6 months and I only buy OEM EZGO Parts. Unfortunately this time I decide to have the hub welded to the Axel but the welder was not sur exactly what he was to do so he proposed he drill the axel and put a bolt through the enter thing. This worked great for about 5 minutes until the Axle broke. Now I am back to square one and need an axle on top of that.

My question is what are my best options. Is there a way to weld the hub to the axle? I understand tis is permeate but if it gets me past 5 months I am happy. With the family I can only work on the cart maybe one weekend a month so I need my fixes to be preplanned and last longer than 6 months.
Any ideas appreciated. At this point I am surcinan Axle but hate to just keep buying these darn hubs over and over again.

Thanks in advance,
Bob
rm2077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2015, 12:23 PM   #2
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Spun HUB 10 time now Broke AXLE

for those of you old timers who may remember me here is my cart:

http://s180.photobucket.com/user/rm2...ed041.jpg.html

Old 08-30-2015, 12:26 PM   #3
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Is there a way to weld the HUB to prevent it from spinning. yes I am aware of this risks of doing this. I remember a picture floating around from someone who did this a year ago but can not locate it.

thanks
Bob
Old 08-30-2015, 12:34 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Get the Ausco heavy duty hubs and new drums. These hubs are steel, not soft cast iron. Heck, might as well get the whole Ausco disk brake kit for the back, its not very expensive & works great.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:11 PM   #5
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Old 08-30-2015, 01:14 PM   #6
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks @chtech. as I mentioned I have been out of the game for a while due to family so was not even aware there were HD hubs out there. Do you happen to have a link to this company's information. Do you know if I can just get a new standard axel with this HD Hub set up?
Old 08-30-2015, 01:24 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

ScottyB at www.cartsunlimited.net has them. They work with stock axleshaft. I have those disc brakes on my G2, and wouldnt want to go back.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:51 PM   #8
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

@cgtech Thank you this is exactly what I am looking for. Do the brakes add on to the HD Hub kit or is it an entirely new set up? I am in desperate need of brakes running well into the 30MPH range but have been trying to stay away of the complexity of a hydraulic system as I do you the cart in the woods as well and take the less is more approach. Every other part on the cart is overbuilt but I keep tearing up HUBS. I guess popping the front wheels 2 feet off ground to torture my neighbor with a gasser doesn't help either.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:16 PM   #9
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Does anyone have any feedback about this company:

www wheelsca com/index.html

if I am going to dive into breaks I wanted to make sure I am getting the best. I do not want to be doing this again in 6 months.

thanks
bob
Old 08-30-2015, 02:38 PM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

You can get the brakes (which include the hubs), or just the hubs.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO