lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2016, 09:10 PM   #11
Lehigh07
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 86 club car speed coil glowd red and cart is real jumpy in acceleration

Should I be worried that they glow and stay that way, this seems to happen a lot more , the original motor went and I replaced it with a stock replacement, but they said the new stock one is alillte bigger!!
Lehigh07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2016, 09:15 PM   #12
Lehigh07
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 86 club car speed coil glowd red and cart is real jumpy in acceleration

Should I be worried that they stay hot? It seems like this happens more with the stock replacement motor. The motor is a little bigger but the closest I could get.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:00 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

When You have the pedal all the way down there should be no current flowing through the resistor coils and they should not get red hot.

If You are driving at partial throttle, the coils starting on the passenger side are the last ones to get "by-passed" so they will always be the hottest ones.

If You start the cart, immediately go WOT (Wide Open Throttle), drive that way for at least 30 seconds, then release the pedal and stop the cart.

If the coils are hot, You still have a problem with some of the solenoids not activating.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:14 PM   #14
Lehigh07
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

IF i drive cart wide open , the coils do not get hot, i just didnt think the coils should get that hot.. thanks for the help
Old 06-23-2016, 04:08 PM   #15
Lehigh07
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok so cart when find last night took it back to my campsite, today now the cart wont go up the hill!!! This cart is driving me nuts now!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2016, 04:19 PM   #16
Lehigh07
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok any ideas why it wong go up hills??
Old 06-23-2016, 04:46 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since it is is a resistor cart, either your batteries cannot produce the power or you cannot deliver the power to the motor.

Measure the pack voltage while trying to go up the hill, if it is dropping excessively, you have a battery or charging problem.

If the voltage is not dropping, you should be able to find a hotspot somewhere either on the cables or your resistor coils.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:57 PM   #18
Lehigh07
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok so i checked voltage is good, it blew another soleniod, i cant go more that 20 ft, and coils gets so hot, almost ready to melt the plastic above it!! This all started after motor went and i replaced it ? Any ideas , im really getting frustrated with this cart!!!
Old 06-23-2016, 08:11 PM   #19
clubcart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Did you replace it with an aftermarket motor? I have a resistor cart also and I am unable to upgrade my motor because a higher speed motor would draw more power than my resistor setup can handle. Sounds a lot like the new motor you put in is drawing more power than your setup can handle.
clubcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:19 PM   #20
Lehigh07
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I understand they are suppose to get hot , but the whole underneath of cart glows orange , and cart just stops going???
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car