lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2017, 05:07 PM   #1
fromhold106
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Wiring diagram for 30 amp 36-48 volt key switched volt reducer

2013 Club Car Precedent 48 Volt Cart

I am looking for information on how to wire a 48 volt 30 amp (Rhox) key switched volt reducer.

The volt reducer has 3 wires blue yellow and white that supply power to the reducer. The red and black wires coming out of the reducer supple power to 12 volt accessories

Blue goes to main positive on battery pack
yellow goes to main negative on battery pack
white is a positive lead for the key switch

I am inquiring on what terminal does the white wire from the voltage reducer go to on the key switch? The supply terminal is the constant 48 volt to the key switch. I am assuming this white wire will go to the load terminal so then the key is turned on it supplies power back to the reducer and vice versa? Also can anyone explain how it works meaning the reducer gets power from the main battery pack so why does it need 48 volts back from the key switch. Is the it just routed such a way through the reducer that the key switch is just the bridge?

Last edited by fromhold106; 07-14-2017 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: update info
fromhold106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2017, 06:04 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Wiring diagram for 30 amp 36-48 volt key switched volt reducer

blue wire on key switch for trigger wire (white)
Blue goes to main positive on battery pack
yellow goes to neg on b1 controller

Old 07-14-2017, 06:27 PM   #3
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

White wire turns it on when it gets voltage applied. It is basically a relay. Where are you mounting it? That will determine where you get power. In the battery bay, you can connect to the low side of the solenoid where the 18awg blue/white wire is. Under the dash you can connect directly to the blue wire side of the key switch.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:57 PM   #4
nlarson2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi there ! I am in the process of trying to mount my reducer in the battery well and am also trying to locate the hot switch wire for my 5 wire reducer - without having to test a bunch of wires can you let me know which wire would be the switch wire ? I one blue/white wire that is thin gauge seems to be hooked up to a fuse or relay
nlarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:28 AM   #5
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

The trigger wire goes to the "cold" side of the ignition switch i.e. the side that has power only when the switch is on. If you don't have a multimeter to test it just connect it to one side and see if the reducer has no 12v when the key is off. If it does have 12v then connect the trigger to the other side of the switch.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
volt reducer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car